DankoMan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi guys i've recieved this homework on genetics for A level biology and its really hard!!!

Labrador dogs vary in the colours of their coats. The most familiar colours are black or yellow (golden). Chocolate (brown) is slightly less common and the rarest of all combines different colours in patches and is called brindled.
Coat colour is controlled by alleles at two loci.
The colour locus alleles are B (black), br (brindled) and b (chocolate). The dominance hierarchy is B > br > b.
The second locus has two alleles. E allows expression of the colour locus so that dark hairs develop. Its recessive counterpart prevents the expression of dark hairs so the coat colour remains yellow.
A family tree of some Labradors is shown in Figure 1.

1) Identify the pattern of genetic inheritance shown by :
a) the coat colour locus
b) the action of locus E

Many thanks!
DankoMan
Rep:
?
(Original post by DankoMan)
Hi guys i've recieved this homework on genetics for A level biology and its really hard!!!

Labrador dogs vary in the colours of their coats. The most familiar colours are black or yellow (golden). Chocolate (brown) is slightly less common and the rarest of all combines different colours in patches and is called brindled.
The colour locus alleles are B (black), br (brindled) and b (chocolate). The dominance hierarchy is B > br > b.
The second locus has two alleles. E allows expression of the colour locus so that dark hairs develop. Its recessive counterpart prevents the expression of dark hairs so the coat colour remains yellow.

a) the coat colour locus
b) the action of locus E

Many thanks!
LOL i forgot to attach Figure 1 here it is
Name:  pedigree tree.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  35.1 KB
DankoMan
Rep:
?
(Original post by DankoMan)

a) the coat colour locus
b) the action of locus E

Many thanks!

LOL i forgot to attach Figure 1 here it is
Name:  pedigree tree.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  35.1 KB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (126)
18.1%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.59%
Not great so far... (250)
35.92%
I want to drop out! (128)
18.39%

Watched Threads