Do I need a host in order to make a proper blog?

Watch
xBeautifulMind
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I would like to make a blog on Wordpress but I am not sure if I should invest in a host like hostgator. I have tried researching what hosts do but I'm not very tech-savvy so I'm struggling to see the point in having one.
However, some articles I've read say that in order for your blog to be professional/successful, you need a host.

Can someone give me some advice? Thank you
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Moved to the Technology section.
winterscoming
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm not really sure what you mean by 'host' -- it's impossible to have any kind of website or blog without a host; I'm guessing you mean some kind of premium/paid host?

You don't need to be tech-savvy anyway, and you don't even need to know anything about web development. I think there are quite a lot of good blogs on Medium ( https://medium.com/ ), which hosts for free, although generally the kind of things which really make you successful (in my opinion) is having content which is original, informative, interesting, and consistently targeted at a particular audience - e.g. people writing tech blogs will usually target tech enthusiasts; and content which you wouldn't find just by googling or visiting other popular sites. Being someone who really 'knows' what they're talking about helps too.
sam1979
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For free you directly create a wordpress blog in wordpress.org.
And if you need a paid wordpress hosting you can get wordpress hosting for 1 GBP per month at webhostuk.co.uk
Shadow17
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you want to keep a personal blog, then it’s better to post on famous sites!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (275)
34.03%
No (533)
65.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise