The Student Room Group

What A Levels do i take? I don't know what to do when i'm older. Someone please help.

Hi there. I'm meant to be choosing my alevels. I don't know what subjects to take and I have to choose. Please, will someone help me out? I am already stressing about my GCSE's. Please tell me what's easy and what to expect from doing these subjects. I appreciate any help.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arahman5166
Hi there. I'm meant to be choosing my alevels. I don't know what subjects to take and I have to choose. Please, will someone help me out? I am already stressing about my GCSE's. Please tell me what's easy and what to expect from doing these subjects. I appreciate any help.

What GCSEs are you doing?
I do triple science, geog, french and art. I hate art and triple science. I dont know what to do when im older please help me out.
I do triple science, geog, french and art. I hate art and triple science. I dont know what to do when im older please help me out.

Understandable, I found science grim as well. What's your favourite subject?
Favourite subject so far is geography.

There's one then, how many are you planning on doing?
Reply 6

Thats a good start. How good are you at French, English and Maths?
i dont want to do those
If you do a levels recommend me something.

dont feel rushed at all - focus on those GCSEs :smile: go for something you think you would enjoy and are good at and you'll be onto a winner :smile:

Geography is a great option and you could maybe explore others - have a look around some courses available online and what they entail.

Changed my mind like 3 times from year 10 to 12 :smile:
i dont want to do those

That simplifies things then! What do you like about Geography? The sociall science aspect?
If you do a levels recommend me something.

I do History, English Lit., Politics and Philosophy. If any of those appeal to your fancies I'm happy to answer any questions.
just list down some good a level subjects and what to expect from it
I do English Language, which I hated at GCSE but I got a B at AS and I'm aiming for an A* this year,I also do psychology,sociology and religious studies. It depends if you're wanting to do essay based subjects or not aswell x
how is a level geography
how is a level geography

I've heard it's much like GCSE. Apparently, it is also one of the most convertible subjects as well.
economics could be an option,it is similar to geography
I would say simply choose what you enjoy - as last year I was in a similar position to you. Would definitely say though make sure that if you enjoy a subject at GCSE make sure that you do your research as at A Level some subjects can be a little different - I used to love english literature but now wish I chose a different A level subject.. Also choose a wide range of subjects so that you don't close any doors when you do find something that you wish to do but other than that just pick what you think would be enjoyable and fun.
none of the a-levels are easy! Try and pick the subjects that you enjoy the most
Definatley go for geography, try not to pick subjects becuase you think they are going to be easy, none are and you will have a hard shock when you get into the subject! Business and Sociology would be good matches with Geography, maybe Economics too.

Quick Reply

Latest