The Student Room Group

Tudors Essay Help (A-Level)

Henry VII had successfully established monarchial authority by 1509. Assess the validity of this view. [25 Marks]

Can anybody please help me with this? I wrote about threats such as Warbeck but then I realised that's wrong because he was a threat way before and the question talks about the very last years of Henry VII's reign so I'm a bit confused.
bump
Would you be allowed to examine what happened in the long term? E.g. Henry VIII still had to deal with opposition to his rule, which suggests that Henry VII's monarchical authority was still fairly unstable.

Your point about Warbeck, Lambert Simnel etc is still valid because you could mention how those are clear, concrete examples of Henry VII attempting to solidify his authority earlier on in his reign, and then question just how well he managed that (think about the unrest/dissent in the North etc).
Original post by SpangleMagnet
Would you be allowed to examine what happened in the long term? E.g. Henry VIII still had to deal with opposition to his rule, which suggests that Henry VII's monarchical authority was still fairly unstable.

Your point about Warbeck, Lambert Simnel etc is still valid because you could mention how those are clear, concrete examples of Henry VII attempting to solidify his authority earlier on in his reign, and then question just how well he managed that (think about the unrest/dissent in the North etc).

Yes! I don't know why I hadn't thought of the mentioning the long-term impact on Henry VIII as well! Was too caught up thinking only of VII SMH.

And got it, thank you so much! :smile:
Original post by blurryyface
Yes! I don't know why I hadn't thought of the mentioning the long-term impact on Henry VIII as well! Was too caught up thinking only of VII SMH.

And got it, thank you so much! :smile:

You're very welcome! Good luck with your essay :smile:

Quick Reply