The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Optometry interview at Hertfordshire 2019

Hi I've just received an email yesterday about my optometry interview yesterday and have my interview in 4 days. could someone please let me know what kind of questions they ask and the whole interview processes. Thanks this will help me out a lot !!
Original post by shxvalxbxrdx
Hi I've just received an email yesterday about my optometry interview yesterday and have my interview in 4 days. could someone please let me know what kind of questions they ask and the whole interview processes. Thanks this will help me out a lot !!

Hi @shxvalxbxrdx,

For Optometry you'll have a group interview focused on your interest in Optometry and your communication skills. You'll then have a tour of the Optometry facilities.

Hope that helps. Best of luck!

Thanks,
Heather
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hi @shxvalxbxrdx,

For Optometry you'll have a group interview focused on your interest in Optometry and your communication skills. You'll then have a tour of the Optometry facilities.

Hope that helps. Best of luck!

Thanks,
Heather

That was verry helpful, thank you very much!!!
What type of question are asked? Like specifically, what questions have been asked. And how do you approach your interest in optom questions?
My interview is on the 23rd for there foundation course!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Inaaya_Noor
What type of question are asked? Like specifically, what questions have been asked. And how do you approach your interest in optom questions?
My interview is on the 23rd for there foundation course!

Hi @Inaaya_Noor,

Unfortunately we won't be able to share the specific questions that are asked, however you could have a search on here and Google for typical interview questions.

Best of luck.

Thanks,
Heather
Hi, I hope your interview went well! Was there any specific questions they asked you and also I applied for the foundation year for optometry and my interview is in the 6th March. I found it weird that the interview is in the college at London rather than the actual Uni.
@Inaaya_Noor was your interview for the foundation course based in london
Original post by Atifa.mahin
@Inaaya_Noor was your interview for the foundation course based in london

Have you had an interview for the foundation course? How was it?
Reply 8
does hertfordshire ever give a reduced offer for optometry? because i think the minimum grades you need are AAB right?
Original post by jimbob24
does hertfordshire ever give a reduced offer for optometry? because i think the minimum grades you need are AAB right?

Hi @jimbob24,

Yes the entry requirements for the Masters in Optometry is AAB, the subject specific qualifications you'll need are listed below:

A minimum of 136 points at A-Level including at least two A-Levels at the higher grades from science subjects (i.e. Biology, Human Biology, Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry). One of the science A Levels must be from Biology or Mathematics (the other must be taken to AS Level). At least two A-Levels (and no more than 4, must be included in the tariff points calculation. A Levels in General Studies and the Extended Project are excluded. AS Levels are not included in the tariff calculation. Resit students will require a minimum of an A grade in the subjects being re-examined (if they satisfy the above).

BTEC Extended Diploma with a science profile at DDD (must be a health or science based subject to include Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Human Biology) plus one science A level (either Biology or Maths) at minimum Grade B.

Hope that helps. Our Optometry course was in Clearing last year with a slightly lower entry requirement, however we cannot say at this point whether the course will be in Clearing this year. As the course is a Masters degree the course does require certain grades and qualifications.

If you're concerned about meeting the entry requirements it may be worth getting in touch with one of our lecturers Lynne Weddell, [email protected].

Thanks,
Heather

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending