username4325990
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I’m supposed to be through the syllabus (for any subject) at this point. For example, when am I supposed to finish taking notes and start just doing questions? Thanks for any help in advance.

Tayabah_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by omre)
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I’m supposed to be through the syllabus (for any subject) at this point. For example, when am I supposed to finish taking notes and start just doing questions? Thanks for any help in advance.
halfway through the year, so halfway through the syllabus.
you should be making notes as you go along, but don't worry you have plenty of time .
during the week, start making notes for current things your doing in class, and at the weekends go back to the start of the course to make notes on that stuff, like 30 mins a subject , so about 2-3 hours a day 9n total. Do different subjects on saturday and Sunday.
start past papers like a month or two before the exam, but make sure you know the content properly first, or you could end up wasting resources.
spend more time revising closer to the exams. you can still do exam style questions throughout the year for relevant topics or mocks, when you feel like you get a topic to test yourself, but save practicing whole papers at once til later. that said, with subjects like English, you should aim to familiarise yourself with the layout of the paper so you know what to look for when revising.
hope this helps.
username4325990
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tayabah_)
halfway through the year, so halfway through the syllabus.
you should be making notes as you go along, but don't worry you have plenty of time .
during the week, start making notes for current things your doing in class, and at the weekends go back to the start of the course to make notes on that stuff, like 30 mins a subject , so about 2-3 hours a day 9n total. Do different subjects on saturday and Sunday.
start past papers like a month or two before the exam, but make sure you know the content properly first, or you could end up wasting resources.
spend more time revising closer to the exams. you can still do exam style questions throughout the year for relevant topics or mocks, when you feel like you get a topic to test yourself, but save practicing whole papers at once til later. that said, with subjects like English, you should aim to familiarise yourself with the layout of the paper so you know what to look for when revising.
hope this helps.
Thanks for the great advice! I did my mocks in November and am really pleased about the results but what do you reckon is the best way to not forget what I learnt for the mocks so I don’t have to go and relearn it all again
Tayabah_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by omre)
Thanks for the great advice! I did my mocks in November and am really pleased about the results but what do you reckon is the best way to not forget what I learnt for the mocks so I don’t have to go and relearn it all again
If you haven't already for the mock content, make flashcards or a qyizlet or something.
keep testing yourself on these.
for biology I made flashcards and used to get my sister's to test me on them during breakfast.it was a small thing, but that info is still in my head today, 2 years later. if you want to keep it simpler, just read a few pages of the textbooks in the morning, making sure you UNDERSTAND what you're reading. split the book into 100 parts, so that's like probably 2 pages a day. start from the beginning tomorrow morning and you will see a big rise in ability to memorize and your motivation to learn too!
let me know if you need any tips for closer to the exam, to help you remember things.
username4325990
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tayabah_)
If you haven't already for the mock content, make flashcards or a qyizlet or something.
keep testing yourself on these.
for biology I made flashcards and used to get my sister's to test me on them during breakfast.it was a small thing, but that info is still in my head today, 2 years later. if you want to keep it simpler, just read a few pages of the textbooks in the morning, making sure you UNDERSTAND what you're reading. split the book into 100 parts, so that's like probably 2 pages a day. start from the beginning tomorrow morning and you will see a big rise in ability to memorize and your motivation to learn too!
let me know if you need any tips for closer to the exam, to help you remember things.
Thanks!👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (22)
6.21%
Uncertainty around my education (38)
10.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (41)
11.58%
Lack of purpose or motivation (48)
13.56%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (18)
5.08%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (16)
4.52%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (37)
10.45%
Financial worries (25)
7.06%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.24%
Exposure to negative news/social media (22)
6.21%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (10)
2.82%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (36)
10.17%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (26)
7.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise