The Student Room Group

Looking for job

Hii I am 16 years old and I want to do job to be independent please help me bcause I don’t know how to get a job I have applied online on sona vacancies but I’m not getting good responses
Please help me
Original post by Kaur Singh
Hii I am 16 years old and I want to do job to be independent please help me bcause I don’t know how to get a job I have applied online on sona vacancies but I’m not getting good responses
Please help me

Try mcdonalds, they take on a lot of students.
Yeah at 16 I applied for McDonald's and worked there for 8 months then went to asda after that and now I'm 18 at Morrison's so I recommend u start somewhere like kfc or McDonald's then move up.

If u don't want to work at fast food then don't but it's easy to get a job like the above said
Reply 3
I don’t want to work at fast food
Reply 4
How can I apply for job?? What websites there are and which one is gud?? I have indeed.
Original post by TheYearNiner
Yeah at 16 I applied for McDonald's and worked there for 8 months then went to asda after that and now I'm 18 at Morrison's so I recommend u start somewhere like kfc or McDonald's then move up.

If u don't want to work at fast food then don't but it's easy to get a job like the above said

are you working there part time or full time?
How can I apply for job?? What websites there are and which one is gud?? I have indeed.

Why not apply for retail jobs or supermarket jobs. Use job sites to find any jobs you desire and can filter it down by preference.
I don’t want to work at fast food

Whats wrong with working in fast food?
You have to start somewhere. And places like mcdonalds are a good place to start, to gain experience etc. They are also good for students in that they are very flexible.
Original post by Emma:-)
Whats wrong with working in fast food?
You have to start somewhere. And places like mcdonalds are a good place to start, to gain experience etc. They are also good for students in that they are very flexible.

I agree, though maybe he is emberassed to work there perhaps?
Reply 9
I am a girl nd actually I’m embarrassed to work there

Perhaps make a CV and personally take it into restaurants and cafes asking if they have any vancancies? That’s how I got my job in a restaurant when I was 16, I’m 17 now.

Ahh my mistake, then perhaps try apply for supermarket roles? Like Tesco, sainsburys or asda Or retail customer service jobs. Though its likely they may require some sort of past customer service experience
Reply 12
Yeah I have tried but they all want some experience and I don’t know how to get experienced. I am thinking to go back to the British heart foundation where I was volunteering on tills which will help me to gain some experience. Am I right ??
Yeah I have tried but they all want some experience and I don’t know how to get experienced. I am thinking to go back to the British heart foundation where I was volunteering on tills which will help me to gain some experience. Am I right ??

Yes, volunteering is definitely good way to build experience so you can apply for jobs that does the same thing but requires experience. Definitely go for it.
Original post by MajorFader
are you working there part time or full time?

Part Time
Reply 15
Part time and it’s just volunteering I’m not getting paid there

Its nothing to be embarrassed about.
And this is talking from 9 years experience.
Trust me id rather work there than have no job at all.
Trap line

Quick Reply

Latest