Nur_aman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I'm currently in grade 10 and planning to take my Igcse ict this year. The exams are in June. I've only started with the first few chapters of the syllabus self studying but first I have to take the mocks in March then I'll be able to do it . How much time do you think I need to study? Do I have enough time? And can you guys tell me how to study for the practical and theory as well. Do I need a textbook or can I just study from websites like ict lounge.
username4377214
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Oh boy do I have something to say about IGCSE ICT)

Now, practical first. You can get past questions online and just do as man papers as possible. There are people on YouTube (I would recommend Evans Chikasa) who upload videos of themselves solving the past papers. It is very easy to get all the marks in the practical part (I assume you're doing CIE?) in Paper 2 and 3 and as they cost 60% of the final grade that should give a boost.

Then there's theory. The syllabus for ICT is actually ridiculous, and even though I've been practising for it since Yr 9 third term (I'm currently in Yr 11 second term) none of my classmates are nowhere near cracking that syllabus. Your best bet is solving as many past papers that you can possibly do and get the hand of answering questions and getting those keywords to get you the top marks.
lavender5959
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by username4377214)
(Oh boy do I have something to say about IGCSE ICT)

Now, practical first. You can get past questions online and just do as man papers as possible. There are people on YouTube (I would recommend Evans Chikasa) who upload videos of themselves solving the past papers. It is very easy to get all the marks in the practical part (I assume you're doing CIE?) in Paper 2 and 3 and as they cost 60% of the final grade that should give a boost.

Then there's theory. The syllabus for ICT is actually ridiculous, and even though I've been practising for it since Yr 9 third term (I'm currently in Yr 11 second term) none of my classmates are nowhere near cracking that syllabus. Your best bet is solving as many past papers that you can possibly do and get the hand of answering questions and getting those keywords to get you the top marks.
heyyy ,
i know it's a year from when this was posted but since u said u have experience with the CIE ICT exams. Can u plz plzz answer a few of my questions cuz i have to sit it literally next month.
1. in p1(theory), for the 6 mark questions ( for instance, one that says explain the advantages and disa. of...), can i write my answer is list form or do i have to write it in paragrph form??

2. i've been trying to memorize the 10 theory chapters but everytime i finish memorizing one ch , i forget the other. There was just too much content and details and i gave up quite easily in memorizing just cuz i hate theory and didnt have any motivation to study duringthe pandemic. I dedicated more towards my practcial in hopes that if i do well enough in it, it will compensate for the ungodly number of marks i will be losing in theory . That is not to say that i'm not ganna study for thoery . I ve just given up on the textbook and since mid august,i developed a new system where i would just solve all theory past papers in all years and use the mark scheme as my my main source of theory revision. cuz i heard frm SOOO MANY people that thoery questions are super super repeated. so would it be safe to do that and solve all past papers from 2009-2020??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (146)
14.46%
I'm not sure (43)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
30%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.71%

Watched Threads