hah_29
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there,

do I have to apply for an exemption from Irish in the CAO application if I'm from the EU (the Czech Republic)? They can't expect that I can speak Irish right?

Thank you!
crannrua
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
From this section of the UCD webpage, it appears you don't have to. Do I have to take Irish?If either of the following applies to you, you are automatically exempt from the Irish requirement and it is not necessary for you to apply for exemption.your permanent residence is in Northern Ireland and you are presenting GCE/GCSE qualifications .you were born outside Ireland (32 Counties) andyour permanent residence is outside Ireland andyou are presenting qualifications other than the Leaving Certificate for matriculation.If these aren't appropriate you can, apply for an NUI exemption from Irish. To apply for an exemption, it is necessary to send a completed Exemption Application Form and other relevant material.
hah_29
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by crannrua)
From this section of the UCD webpage, it appears you don't have to. Do I have to take Irish?If either of the following applies to you, you are automatically exempt from the Irish requirement and it is not necessary for you to apply for exemption.your permanent residence is in Northern Ireland and you are presenting GCE/GCSE qualifications .you were born outside Ireland (32 Counties) andyour permanent residence is outside Ireland andyou are presenting qualifications other than the Leaving Certificate for matriculation.If these aren't appropriate you can, apply for an NUI exemption from Irish. To apply for an exemption, it is necessary to send a completed Exemption Application Form and other relevant material.
Thanks a lot! At the end I emailed CAO myself and found out that I don't have to apply for the exemption so good news!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads