tharunm02
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So my school have only just started EPQ, our teacher asked us if we have an idea of what we wanted to do it on. I would like to do my EPQ about the value of streetwear and how there is kind of its own stock market. It's hard to explain simply but anyone else interested in shoes and streetwear will know what i'm on about haha. I was just wondering if that would be okay because in the other forums most of them say to write about something educational or what you want to do at Uni. Please let me know if that's a sensible idea or its back to the drawing board lol.
I've taken Maths, Economics and Biology for A-Level, hoping to study Economics at Uni. My friend told me that apparently we are not allowed to write an EPQ on subjects we have taken for A-Level?
Medic2023
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The EPQ is a chance to express yourself and do it on something that you want too. If you can link your idea to studying economics later - fantastic. Most universities will not care about what you did it in, but it can be a nice little foundation to a personal statement or interview.

Fortunately, your friend is incorrect, the EPQ is completely of your chose irregardless of its relevance to the topics you study or plan to in the future, I ddI mine on ‘The history of NSAIDs and their potential role in preventative medicine’. This was for a med application and overlapped with biology and the degree itself - but it really doesn’t matter.

It can be a bit of a pain to do, so please, pick something you enjoy and have a passion for...

Best of luck.
tharunm02
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Medic2023)
The EPQ is a chance to express yourself and do it on something that you want too. If you can link your idea to studying economics later - fantastic. Most universities will not care about what you did it in, but it can be a nice little foundation to a personal statement or interview.

Fortunately, your friend is incorrect, the EPQ is completely of your chose irregardless of its relevance to the topics you study or plan to in the future, I ddI mine on ‘The history of NSAIDs and their potential role in preventative medicine’. This was for a med application and overlapped with biology and the degree itself - but it really doesn’t matter.

It can be a bit of a pain to do, so please, pick something you enjoy and have a passion for...

Best of luck.
Ok thank you for clearing that up, have your received your EPQ grade back yet? I'm curious to see what everyone has got as some people i know were saying it is quite easy to get an A in it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (664)
33.54%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (843)
42.58%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (384)
19.39%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed