Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by I AM GROOT 1)
teach someone or just pretend to i find that helps a lot
mind maps revision flash cards
or make videos anything u feel comfortable with
i like teaching myself but there are too many useless information to learn in textbooks
hallamstudents
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sqrt of 5)
how can i revise without writing notes? it's so dull and boring 😭😭😭
i rather use past papers or textbooks but i dislike mind maps! please helppp
Hey! What i found the best was using revision guides where they ask questions after each topics. Also past papers are great! Theres a lot of similar questions in real exams as to past ones so defo use those!
I hope this helps!
Sophia
sqrt of 5
Rep:
?
(Original post by hallamstudents)
Hey! What i found the best was using revision guides where they ask questions after each topics. Also past papers are great! Theres a lot of similar questions in real exams as to past ones so defo use those!
I hope this helps!
Sophia
yea but i dont see the point of doing a past paer if i dont know the content
I AM GROOT 1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i like teaching myself but there are too many useless information to learn in textbooks
try picking out the key info maybe by highlighting or using the specification and answering them as perhaps questions like what the exam board might ask u can use past paper questions to help u
sqrt of 5
Rep:
?
try picking out the key info maybe by highlighting or using the specification and answering them as perhaps questions like what the exam board might ask u can use past paper questions to help u
idk i think that i will struggle to remember key facts after 2 days without notes
I AM GROOT 1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
idk i think that i will struggle to remember key facts after 2 days without notes
make a note of them so u dont forget
GCSE pupil
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There are a few great YoutTube channels. If you are doing A-Level Chemistry I highly recommend Allery Chemistry.

I NEVER revise by writing/ reading notes. It is entirely past-paper based learning If there is a topic I need help with, I may use a revision guide. Only facts that I find do not stick, I write on flashcards but I bin those after the test.

Lastly, something I only did in preparation for uni interviews, was teach my mum what I was learning. I found that I needed to explain everything in a structured manner, which made understanding a topic much easier as it has become more structured in my brain as well. I have ordered a whiteboard off Amazon recently so I can do this more (but not to mum, she would get bored and doesn’t have enough time😂).
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
sqrt of 5
Rep:
?
(Original post by GCSE pupil)
There are a few great YoutTube channels. If you are doing A-Level Chemistry I highly recommend Allery Chemistry.

I NEVER revise by writing/ reading notes. It is entirely past-paper based learning If there is a topic I need help with, I may use a revision guide. Only facts that I find do not stick, I write on flashcards but I bin those after the test.

Lastly, something I only did in preparation for uni interviews, was teach my mum what I was learning. I found that I needed to explain everything in a structured manner, which made understanding a topic much easier as it has become more structured in my brain as well. I have ordered a whiteboard off Amazon recently so I can do this more (but not to mum, she would get bored and doesn’t have enough time😂).
make a note of them so u dont forget
thank you both ill try these tips right know cuz i got chemistry and physics

GCSE pupil can i ask you how's chemistry a level? i found the subject tricky but doable but my teacher discouraged me from doing it because i want to do french, spanish and chemistry
Last edited by sqrt of 5; 4 weeks ago
GCSE pupil
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
thank you both ill try these tips right know cuz i got chemistry and physics

GCSE pupil can i ask you how's chemistry a level? i found the subject tricky but durable but my teacher discouraged me from doing it because i want to do french, spanish and chemistry
I am doing chemistry physics maths and EPQ and can honestly say that chemistry is my most-enjoyed subject (applied to all unis to study pure chemistry). I am actually doing mocks at the moment and I find that with the spec and past papers and enough practice, chemistry is very doable. Unlike physics, I found that chemistry takes a small step up from GCSE (physics I found to take a LEAP).
If you enjoy chemistry now, you will enjoy it at A-Level!
sqrt of 5
Rep:
?
(Original post by GCSE pupil)
I am doing chemistry physics maths and EPQ and can honestly say that chemistry is my most-enjoyed subject (applied to all unis to study pure chemistry). I am actually doing mocks at the moment and I find that with the spec and past papers and enough practice, chemistry is very doable. Unlike physics, I found that chemistry takes a small step up from GCSE (physics I found to take a LEAP).
If you enjoy chemistry now, you will enjoy it at A-Level!
i really enjoy chemistry but unfortunately im doing combined science not triple 😭😭 anyways, i will try to use your tips right now! thank youuu
GCSE pupil
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i really enjoy chemistry but unfortunately im doing combined science not triple 😭😭 anyways, i will try to use your tips right now! thank youuu
Anytime and best of luck!

Edit: btw if you are passionate about it I am sure the school would let you do A level chemistry.
Last edited by GCSE pupil; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (44)
9.13%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.9%
No, but I want to start (173)
35.89%
No, I am unable to (112)
23.24%
No, I chose not to (139)
28.84%