The Student Room Group

A level help- should i drop history or biology?

I'm currently in year 12 and taking English Lit, French, Biology and History A level with plans to study Law at uni. However, I feel that the workload can get a bit too much and I'm finding it stressful to find time to balance time for homework, wider reading & revision along with my life outside of school.

Sooo I've decided that it would be best if I dropped one of my subjects. I've narrowed the options down to either History or Biology as their both quite content-heavy subjects.

Whilst history is likely to be more relevant to my interests at degree level and many help me in terms of the skills I need in order to pursue a career in law, I tend to find the topics quite dry at times. However, I find biology to generally be more enjoyable and it also gives me a break from my more humanities/ language based subjects.

It would be great if someone could give me some insight into what they think is the best decision? Any advice is appreciated :smile:
I, personally, would recommend you drop History. Having an a level in Biology provides you with an excellent back up if things don’t go the way you want with Law. You are also more likely to get better grades if you enjoy Biology and it gives you a break :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest