The Student Room Group

Is it too late to turn my GCSEs around

I’m naturally very capable but over the last few years i’ve let my grades slip to the point where my estimates done by teachers are 5s/6s and my predicted grades are 7s (they used to be 8s). In the amount of time left until GCSEs, is it possible to take at least some 5s/6s to 8s/9s. I’ve been revising for about 2-5 hours a day for a month.
It’s never really too late to start revising. If you put in the time and effectively start revising you’ll be able to get the grade you want. I would advise printing off the specification for al your subjecting and making sure you understand all the requirements. I formed questions from the spec points and made them into revision cards especially for the sciences. You still have 4 months. You can do it!
Original post by BellaMariaaaa
I’m naturally very capable but over the last few years i’ve let my grades slip to the point where my estimates done by teachers are 5s/6s and my predicted grades are 7s (they used to be 8s). In the amount of time left until GCSEs, is it possible to take at least some 5s/6s to 8s/9s. I’ve been revising for about 2-5 hours a day for a month.

No, it's not too late.
Honestly, it's not too late, I know people who only started putting an effort in 3 weeks before the exam and got good grades - I'm not saying you should do this because everyone studies differently some tips are: make a revision time table and stick to it! Don't make it outrageous though e.g make sure you include breaks, If your home is too noisy to revise in go to a library, it motivates you to see other people working hard and studying too, if your teachers host study weekends when you can come to school and they give you extra tutoring go to them! This really helped for history a really hefty long subject and most of believe in yourself have a goal you want to achieve by getting good GCSE grades and go for it!! :smile:
no, as long as your revsion is effective you'll be fine. make sure your methods are varied and you're being proactive.

Quick Reply

Latest