JEG666
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Did Rossetti agree with Victorian imperialism? Like, did she think it was okay or nah?
MissCarter786
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Heyy! What examboard are you doing? I’m doing rossetti too perhaps i could help me if you specify what you mean?
JEG666
Rep:
?
(Original post by MissCarter786)
Heyy! What examboard are you doing? I’m doing rossetti too perhaps i could help me if you specify what you mean?
I think its aqa. My coursework question is along the lines of: To what extent does Rossetti endorse Victorian imperialistic ideology? And I have struggled to find out online whether she was in principle for or against Victorian imperialsm
MissCarter786
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JEG666)
I think its aqa. My coursework question is along the lines of: To what extent does Rossetti endorse Victorian imperialistic ideology? And I have struggled to find out online whether she was in principle for or against Victorian imperialsm
Okay, from the top of my head I’m saying this word this in your own words x

Rossetti was a passive woman, she didn’t explicitly refer to herself as a feminist but supported women’s rights. Her definition of women’s rights was to redeem fallen women, help them find faith and god etcz She also petitioned for legislation to protect children from prostitution and sexual exploitation by raising the age of consent.

She was not politically involved and believed that women should not be politically involved in acts of politics/ voting - suffragettes

And gathering this she did support imperialism
JEG666
Rep:
?

Rossetti was a passive woman, she didn’t explicitly refer to herself as a feminist but supported women’s rights. Her definition of women’s rights was to redeem fallen women, help them find faith and god etcz She also petitioned for legislation to protect children from prostitution and sexual exploitation by raising the age of consent.

She was not politically involved and believed that women should not be politically involved in acts of politics/ voting - suffragettes

Thank you!!
MissCarter786
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you!!
Do you need anymore context? I have loads on her lol Are you looking at any specific poems?
JEG666
Rep:
?

Thank you!!
JEG666
Rep:
?
Do you need anymore context? I have loads on her lol Are you looking at any specific poems?
I don't think so! I have the basic idea of the what I want to write but couldn't find anything about her attitude towards imperialism which I kind of important to know when assessing whether her poetry endorses it 😂 I'm looking at Goblin Market, A Royal Princess and Round Tower at Jhansi
MissCarter786
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't think so! I have the basic idea of the what I want to write but couldn't find anything about her attitude towards imperialism which I kind of important to know when assessing whether her poetry endorses it 😂 I'm looking at Goblin Market, A Royal Princess and Round Tower at Jhansi
cool, I'm studying goblin market and round tower at jhansi. If you don't feel confident you can PM me what points you have already made on those poems and let me know what assessment objecitves are required and ill add my thoughts and ideas according to the AO's and perhaps you could work from there. Don't worry! It's going to be alright!! ! Are you in year 13?
MissCarter786
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tbh, i don't think it is a matter of fact of a straight yes or no as this is your argument! In Goblin Market, you can say she is critical against Victorian imperalism - the young girls are attacked by the goblins - the goblins are vicious, controling and animalistic. Also, the repeated language of sweetness in the goblin's allure - perhaps a refernece to the growth of sugar by slaves in America as the civil war was continuing? Make your judgement from here whether she was for or against?
Last edited by MissCarter786; 1 year ago
JEG666
Rep:
?
cool, I'm studying goblin market and round tower at jhansi. If you don't feel confident you can PM me what points you have already made on those poems and let me know what assessment objecitves are required and ill add my thoughts and ideas according to the AO's and perhaps you could work from there. Don't worry! It's going to be alright!! ! Are you in year 13?
Thank you for your help! Yes I am in year 13 and just stressed because I got an A in my last coursework essay so I need an A* in this one preferably 😩
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (38)
31.15%
No - I have already returned home (15)
12.3%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (26)
21.31%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (9)
7.38%
No - I live at home during term anyway (34)
27.87%

Watched Threads