The Student Room Group

Got a 5 in english language, can I not to dentistry in England

The rest of my grades r good as u will see on my profile
If you meet the requirements that your uni has for A levels then you can do the course.
Original post by TensorTympani
If you meet the requirements that your uni has for A levels then you can do the course.

so GCSE's dont matter?
Reply 3
Yes you can apply with a 5. So many universities need a 6 but some of them will be fine with a 5. You should check the entry requirements of dentistry on each university’s website.
@TensorTympani @Dr..D just checked all their websites and I can only apply to: Leeds, sheffield, newcastle, bristol, glasgow and plymouth

thanks for the help guys

also: check out my gyg guys https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5752632
Original post by Fitness X Study
so GCSE's dont matter?

They only effect your application for Sixth Form or college.
(edited 5 years ago)
They only effect your application Sixth Form or college.

wow how do you know all this?
If a 5 is a C at GCSE, then it is fine. You will get accepted if they like your application. And get the grades.
Reply 8
@TensorTympani @Dr..D just checked all their websites and I can only apply to: Leeds, sheffield, newcastle, bristol, glasgow and plymouth

thanks for the help guys

also: check out my gyg guys https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5752632

U can also retake ur English language GCSE exam again in next November or something and so u can apply with a predicted grade in gcse English and they will still consider you
Original post by kurro
If a 5 is a C at GCSE, then it is fine. You will get accepted if they like your application. And get the grades.

thanks my personal statement will be very good because I do a lot
Original post by Dr..D
U can also retake ur English language GCSE exam again in next November or something and so u can apply with a predicted grade in gcse English and they will still consider you

dont want to resit and they dont value it and they ask why u resat
english just isnt my thing
They only effect your application Sixth Form or college.

completely disagree with this. depends on the course. dentistry is very competitive. yes some unis will be more lenient, but GCSE are important when applying to uni courses, definitely.
Original post by Tayabah_
completely disagree with this. depends on the course. dentistry is very competitive. yes some unis will be more lenient, but GCSE are important when applying to uni courses, definitely.

True, I have very good gcse’s, it’s just English lang which is a subject completely different to dentistry so why do they even care. U can see my grades on my profile
True, I have very good gcse’s, it’s just English lang which is a subject completely different to dentistry so why do they even care. U can see my grades on my profile

do lots of experience, get great a level grades, and you should be fine when applying. Ring or email the unis to be safe tho
do lots of experience, get great a level grades, and you should be fine when applying. Ring or email the unis to be safe tho

just called Leeds they said would be fine for this year but next year isn't confirmed like it could change
just called Leeds they said would be fine for this year but next year isn't confirmed like it could change

honest advice,
grades make up a lot of the medicine and dentistry applications since it's so competitive. this year focus on you content, get good grades and good predictions
closer to application ring up , like September, but do research of where you'd like to go in summer.
don't worry so much just yet x
honest advice,
grades make up a lot of the medicine and dentistry applications since it's so competitive. this year focus on you content, get good grades and good predictions
closer to application ring up , like September, but do research of where you'd like to go in summer.
don't worry so much just yet x

thanks so much x, check out my gyg I could take advice from great ppl like u
thanks so much x, check out my gyg I could take advice from great ppl like u

what's a gyg lmao 😅😂

Quick Reply

Latest