?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
The rest of my grades r good as u will see on my profile
TensorTympani
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you meet the requirements that your uni has for A levels then you can do the course.
Fitness X Study
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
(Original post by TensorTympani)
If you meet the requirements that your uni has for A levels then you can do the course.
so GCSE's dont matter?
Dr..D
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes you can apply with a 5. So many universities need a 6 but some of them will be fine with a 5. You should check the entry requirements of dentistry on each university’s website.
Fitness X Study
Rep:
?
TensorTympani Dr..D just checked all their websites and I can only apply to: Leeds, sheffield, newcastle, bristol, glasgow and plymouth

thanks for the help guys

also: check out my gyg guys https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5752632
TensorTympani
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Fitness X Study)
so GCSE's dont matter?
They only effect your application for Sixth Form or college.
Last edited by TensorTympani; 1 year ago
Fitness X Study
Rep:
?
They only effect your application Sixth Form or college.
wow how do you know all this?
kurro
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If a 5 is a C at GCSE, then it is fine. You will get accepted if they like your application. And get the grades.
Dr..D
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
TensorTympani Dr..D just checked all their websites and I can only apply to: Leeds, sheffield, newcastle, bristol, glasgow and plymouth

thanks for the help guys

also: check out my gyg guys https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5752632
U can also retake ur English language GCSE exam again in next November or something and so u can apply with a predicted grade in gcse English and they will still consider you
Fitness X Study
Rep:
?
(Original post by kurro)
If a 5 is a C at GCSE, then it is fine. You will get accepted if they like your application. And get the grades.
thanks my personal statement will be very good because I do a lot
Fitness X Study
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dr..D)
U can also retake ur English language GCSE exam again in next November or something and so u can apply with a predicted grade in gcse English and they will still consider you
dont want to resit and they dont value it and they ask why u resat
english just isnt my thing
Tayabah_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They only effect your application Sixth Form or college.
completely disagree with this. depends on the course. dentistry is very competitive. yes some unis will be more lenient, but GCSE are important when applying to uni courses, definitely.
Fitness X Study
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tayabah_)
completely disagree with this. depends on the course. dentistry is very competitive. yes some unis will be more lenient, but GCSE are important when applying to uni courses, definitely.
True, I have very good gcse’s, it’s just English lang which is a subject completely different to dentistry so why do they even care. U can see my grades on my profile
Tayabah_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
True, I have very good gcse’s, it’s just English lang which is a subject completely different to dentistry so why do they even care. U can see my grades on my profile
do lots of experience, get great a level grades, and you should be fine when applying. Ring or email the unis to be safe tho
Fitness X Study
Rep:
?
do lots of experience, get great a level grades, and you should be fine when applying. Ring or email the unis to be safe tho
just called Leeds they said would be fine for this year but next year isn't confirmed like it could change
Tayabah_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
just called Leeds they said would be fine for this year but next year isn't confirmed like it could change
honest advice,
grades make up a lot of the medicine and dentistry applications since it's so competitive. this year focus on you content, get good grades and good predictions
closer to application ring up , like September, but do research of where you'd like to go in summer.
don't worry so much just yet x
Fitness X Study
Rep:
?
honest advice,
grades make up a lot of the medicine and dentistry applications since it's so competitive. this year focus on you content, get good grades and good predictions
closer to application ring up , like September, but do research of where you'd like to go in summer.
don't worry so much just yet x
thanks so much x, check out my gyg I could take advice from great ppl like u
Tayabah_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thanks so much x, check out my gyg I could take advice from great ppl like u
what's a gyg lmao 😅😂
Fitness X Study
Rep:
?
what's a gyg lmao 😅😂
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5752632
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (677)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.59%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads