The Student Room Group

Applying to BCC-CCC with ABD

Does the fact that my Maths grade is a D stop me from applying to a BCC-CCC course, even though my other grades are A and B (this is a foundation year course in bio sciences). Thanks!
Original post by Aausar
Does the fact that my Maths grade is a D stop me from applying to a BCC-CCC course, even though my other grades are A and B (this is a foundation year course in bio sciences). Thanks!

No it doesn't stop you applying - what subjects are the A and B in?
Reply 2
Original post by harrysbar
No it doesn't stop you applying - what subjects are the A and B in?

B in biology and A in chemistry, although i think im better of waiting for adjustment/clearance for better offers with actual grades. Thanks for the reply!
Original post by Aausar
B in biology and A in chemistry, although i think im better of waiting for adjustment/clearance for better offers with actual grades. Thanks for the reply!

That's ok.

I would expect you to get offers with ABD but as long as you are already in the UCAS system, it's easy to add an extra choice in Extra or to apply to places with vacancies in Clearing.
Reply 4
Original post by harrysbar
That's ok.

I would expect you to get offers with ABD but as long as you are already in the UCAS system, it's easy to add an extra choice in Extra or to apply to places with vacancies in Clearing.

Im just about to send my UCAS off, as i had to wait until my school's advisor was in to submit it. Do you think any ABB places would have any chance of accepting me? I know its a far stretch but im not sure how much higher i should reach with my aspirational choices (or how many people succeed in adjustment). Thanks again!
Original post by Aausar
Im just about to send my UCAS off, as i had to wait until my school's advisor was in to submit it. Do you think any ABB places would have any chance of accepting me? I know its a far stretch but im not sure how much higher i should reach with my aspirational choices (or how many people succeed in adjustment). Thanks again!

I think it is possible that someone with ABD predictions would get offers for ABB places - no guarantee but worth a try anyway. People often do make one or two aspirational choices of a grade or two higher than their predictions along with other choices that are more in line with what they are actually predicted. I wouldn't go any higher than ABB.

If you have applied to 5 places you will get a range of replies and will then have more decisions to make about how to proceed. It sounds like you are getting UCAS support through your school, but TSR is also happy to help!

Quick Reply

Latest