My placment is making me ill

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I started on my placment in september and my uni rejected my placment at first, so my placment people updated my job roles and secretly updated my hours too. So for about 6 weeks I now have gone from a 8-5, 5 days a week to . 8am-8pm Mon-Fri and 8am-6pm on Sat, these hours are ruining me, iv been ill like 4 times in these 6 weeks and my mum keeps saying to me it’s fine you are getting paid loads, but she’s comparing me to people working 40 hours a week when i’m working 70 hours a week. So is my illness affected by my hours or is it just a weird happening at the same time. I really want to quit the placment but I don’t want to fail my placment year in uni but I don’t know how long I can go on doing these hours I get a 20 min break Mon-Fri and I don’t get a break on Sat.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I started on my placment in september and my uni rejected my placment at first, so my placment people updated my job roles and secretly updated my hours too. So for about 6 weeks I now have gone from a 8-5, 5 days a week to . 8am-8pm Mon-Fri and 8am-6pm on Sat, these hours are ruining me, iv been ill like 4 times in these 6 weeks and my mum keeps saying to me it’s fine you are getting paid loads, but she’s comparing me to people working 40 hours a week when i’m working 70 hours a week. So is my illness affected by my hours or is it just a weird happening at the same time. I really want to quit the placment but I don’t want to fail my placment year in uni but I don’t know how long I can go on doing these hours I get a 20 min break Mon-Fri and I don’t get a break on Sat.
Contact your personal tutor and tell them that your hours have been changed without the uni's approval. Working 70 hours a week and working a full day without a break on Saturdays is crazy. Just because you're on a placement year doesn't mean you have to just accept whatever conditions they throw your way, especially when those conditions are detrimental to your health (and perhaps even not legal).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (104)
60.82%
No (67)
39.18%

Watched Threads