RuqiCookie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi!

I have an interview with the RGS this week for their Teacher Training Scholarship. Does anyone have any tips, particularly with regards to the interview questions and written assessment?

Thank you
ellyphhant
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey
Have you had this yet?
Mines on the 6th Feb...if youve got any tips? If not I can give you some after!
Nicole2205_G
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ellyphhant)
Hey
Have you had this yet?
How did it go? 😊
May2693
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello, I hope it went well I have mine coming up too. Any advice would be hugely welcome Thanks!
lomalley1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello, does anyone have any tips? They would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!
Gyrak
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ellyphhant)
Hey
Have you had this yet?
Hi, I have mine coming up soon. How did yours go and what should I expect please?
ellyphhant
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello! I did the assessment centre last year and passed. To be honest the assessment centre is very chilled and everyone is so lovely, I think it’s more just to check that you’re a capable teacher, I think most, if not all of those who I was interviewed with got offered a place. For the interview I had to do a presentation and then they asked me questions. The questions were just like why teaching, why geography, how would you teach this, what would you do with this kind of student. I was interviewed by 2 people who had been teachers. They asked me to talk about a case study (they provided 2 for me to read prior), I was only asked to talk about 1 of the 2 they gave and they chose it for me after asking which was my weaker (they chose the one I said was my weaker!)The written test was 2 parts 1. just to write about something you know about that geography related and make it engaging so like a poster style thing with facts. I wrote about my dissertation. 2. Answer a general question, I can’t remeber what it was exactly, it was technical but nothing at all to worry about it wasn’t hard. That was it! Good luck. I’m sure you’ll smash it. Just be polite, chatty and yourself!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads