The Student Room Group

Muslims, how do I read namaz properly?

Ok still in New Year January and I want to become a better person this year, a better Muslim as quite recently I’ve been feeling very low as if I’m a failure in life. Nothing just seems to go right for me, I don’t know why, I’m not even a bad person. I don’t want to go too much in detail but I want to start off by reading namaz properly because I think I don’t read it properly as I always seem to rush for no reason.

I want to know what to read before starting salah and what is difference between fard, sunnat, vitr etc. Also what do I read after completing salah and making dua?

Thanks
Before salaah there's no obligation to pray anything.

Ensure you're performing in the correct time, facing the qiblah (direction of Makkah), ensure your body, clothes and place of sajdah are pure (in accordance to Islam)
Make niyyah (intention of the salaah you wish to perform.) And perform the salaah.

I assume you are aware of the postures and what to pray in salaah? (Seems like you may be from your question. If you need me to clarify anything please say.)

Fardh = Compulsory. If you do not perfrom it, you will be sinning.

Wajib = Same as above but the obligation a little less than fardh.

Sunnah = There are 2 types:
(1) Sunnat-e-muakkadah = Constant practice of the Prophet. If you leave it out without a valid Islamic reason you will be sinful
(2) Sunnat-e-ghayr muakkadah = Practice of the Prophet. If you leave it out you will not be sinful.

Nafl = optional
(Please say if you need clarification as to how many rakats for each salaah falls under which category)

After salaah it is advisable to recite Allahu akbar once. Then astagfirullah × 3. Then the dua after salaam (Allahumma antas salaamu wa minkas salaamu tabaarakta ya thal jalaali wal ikraam)
There are few more duas which are advisable to be read, found in books of ahaadeeth.

When you make dua it is preferable to start with praises to Allah/God and then invoke blessings on the Prophet. Thereafter to pray for yourself and the whole ummah/nation.
(edited 5 years ago)
Can i have more explaination about Sunnah Muakkadah?
Original post by Mamajairo
Can i have more explaination about Sunnah Muakkadah?

These are
Two rakahs before Fajr (morning prayer),
four rakahs before Zuhr (afternoon prayer) and two rakahs after it,
two rakahs after maghrib (sunset prayer),
two rakahs after Isha (night prayer)
These are prayers the prophet pbuh rarely missed and we are sinful if we miss them out without a valid reason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending