The Student Room Group

Any dating tips for a struggling 18 year old male??

Right, so i'm 18 (on a gap year), i'm about 6ft , I get told by girls i'm good looking and i have a very attractive body(i workout quite a bit) however when i comes to be attracting females (that i like ) i struggle. Its either i get a straight no when i approach them in person or we start dating and 2 months or so later it all goes to ****. I am not a " nice guy" nor a jerk, i'm in the middle man but lean more towards the "nice guy". I am confident and i don't come on too forcefully but yet i struggle. My mates all find it easy to attract girls and their body counts are between 10 - 50 yet i am still a virgin .... I have asked them for tips and even they don't know why i struggle. So guys / females any tips for me ??
P.s My main priority in life is not females, It’s improving myself physically and mentally. I also do not feel entitled to a girl’s approval, I would just like to know other people’s advice and tips on this topic.
Not sure what you're really looking for. You say you don't want a body count (and I hope you don't) so taking your word on that then I'd keep on being you. Continue to work out and do something interesting and help others during this gap year. Don't look to compare yourself with your mate. You could be interested in a different kind of girl than they are attracting. If you're looking for a respectful kind of girl yet you're having w/ guys that are just adding notching to their belt (body count) you going to be assumed to be a body counter too. Nice girls (usually) can read that a mile away and will steer clear of you. Even if you're a nice guy you reputation is going to be the same as those you hang out with.
If you are heading off to uni I think, especially if your not going to the same uni as all your mates, you're going to have a much different experience. Don't just try to pick girl up at a club or bar.
At the end of the day you are still young and you will definitely meet a lot of new and interesting people at uni. Branch out with new friends there. Very important and I hope you'll be living in student accommodation. Girls like interesting guys that can have a good conversation. Don't overthink this. Meet girls and be friends don't just try to hit them up. Text w/ them for a bit then ask them out.
I honestly think it is just a matter of some time and not trying to just pulling a girl at a club.
Best of luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Hopefully1
Not sure what you're really looking for. You say you don't want a body count (and I hope you don't) so taking your word on that then I'd keep on being you. Continue to work out and do something interesting and help others during this gap year. Don't look to compare yourself with your mate. You could be interested in a different kind of girl than they are attracting. If you're looking for a respectful kind of girl yet you're having w/ guys that are just adding notching to their belt (body count) you going to be assumed to be a body counter too. Nice girls (usually) can read that a mile away and will steer clear of you. Even if you're a nice guy you reputation is going to be the same as those you hang out with.
If you are heading off to uni I think, especially if your not going to the same uni as all your mates, you're going to have a much different experience. Don't just try to pick girl up at a club or bar.
At the end of the day you are still young and you will definitely meet a lot of new and interesting people at uni. Branch out with new friends there. Very important and I hope you'll be living in student accommodation. Girls like interesting guys that can have a good conversation. Don't overthink this. Meet girls and be friends don't just try to hit them up. Text w/ them for a bit then ask them out.
I honestly think it is just a matter of some time and not trying to just pulling a girl at a club.
Best of luck!

Thank you for the reply ! Yeah I’m not interested in having a body count but I would like to lose my V soon (hopefully to a girl I really like). Very rejection has taught me a lesson about females and I hope your right that’s it’s just a matter of time till I met someone I like and who likes me back equally(ah that would be very nice ). Once again thanks for taking time to write that 😊
All I can say is keep trying and eventually you will get there. It's nice to see you approaching. Ask a friend to see if theirs something that could be improved such as your personality, conversation skills, the way you hold yourself etc. You are still very young and I'm sure you will meet some interesting females at uni.
Reply 4
I think unless you are well above average looks or humour things don't drop at your feet. You have to work at it and suffer a lot of blow outs. Plus 18 is pretty young to be panicking. Work on you appearance (eg clothes, hair) and repartee. Get a bit of advice from your more successful mates. Flirt with girls of all levels of attractiveness. And more than anything just keep the faith and keep going.
Just make friends with as many people as possible and you'll meet someone eventually.

Or get tinder lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending