HELP! How to answer exam questions exactly?

Watch
nabid61
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
In preparation for my Tort Exam this month I am going through some past questions. However I have no idea as to how to structure paragraphs, what to include and how to answer the questions.

The question is:

‘The existing law of trespass to the land does not adequately protect landowners against unjustifiable interference from unwanted visitors.’ Discuss.

It seems so damn easy, and it is, but I have no clue how to introduce points, give evidence, and explain them. My uni never actually taught us how to write up answers in Law. Please help somebody.

Is there any kind of formula when answering it, just to make it really simple and clear for both me to follow and the examiner when marking.
nabid61
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Yup, this site is just useless. People talk more rubbish on here than give actual academic help.
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You're asking a basic question about how to format an essay. If you cannot do that after college, then you're really not going to learn it from a 3-lined response from one of us. You have even been told to use PEEL already.

A proper and more detailed response would require you to say what argument/ideas you have, what you've done so far without help. But you've not given any of that. Really, to give you a format (X goes into the 6th paragraph, introduce Y after you've introduced X) would mean to give you X, Y and who knows what else. It is important to know X, Y are the essay -- you're being marked mainly on your ability to recognise these ideas, rather than where you place some adverbs.

You are the one being unreasonable here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (24)
17.65%
I'm not sure (3)
2.21%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (45)
33.09%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.21%
I'm not a current university student (61)
44.85%

Watched Threads