I want to change my course, how can I?

Watch
ouatislifex
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I applied for Social Work and my personal statement is based around this, however I now longer want to study this course. I now want to do Sociology. I have two interviews so far and the rest of my offers are still pending. However, I do not want to attend the interviews for a course I am no longer interested in studying. How can I change? Do I have to do a new personal statement? Should I just withdraw all my applications?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ouatislifex)
I applied for Social Work and my personal statement is based around this, however I now longer want to study this course. I now want to do Sociology. I have two interviews so far and the rest of my offers are still pending. However, I do not want to attend the interviews for a course I am no longer interested in studying. How can I change? Do I have to do a new personal statement? Should I just withdraw all my applications?
I think you need to email all 5 Unis and ask them to change your course from Social Work to Sociology.

The places that had offered you interviews will not need to interview you anymore as Sociology is not a course that Unis normally interview for. They will make you an offer or not based on your predicted A level grades.

I don't think you will need to do a new PS - Sociology is not completely different and it may be that you are still interested in social work as a possible future career (or not, there will be lots of other options).
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If it is less than 14 days you can amend through UCAS. If it is longer than 14 days you cant amend. Your only option is to decline all offers and apply through Extra when it opens. If it is the same university try ringing tnem to see if you can change course. You have to go with the same personal statement unless the university agrees otherwise. Going through extra is 1 university at a time. If you want to go to a different one you have to be not holding ANY offers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (51)
16.67%
I'm not sure (8)
2.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (105)
34.31%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.31%
I'm not a current university student (138)
45.1%

Watched Threads