The Student Room Group

Spelling mistake

I submitted my University application on Friday and have just noticed today (Sunday) that I have made one spelling mistake. What should I do?
Forget about it.

There is nothing you can do now, besides you don't want to draw attention to the fact that you're 18ish and unable to proof read a page and a half of text or ask someone else to, by calling them up to point out your typo.

But how did you manage it? Like do you not write things in word first? It has squiggly red lines when you spell something wrong : /
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Emily.Louise04
I submitted my University application on Friday and have just noticed today (Sunday) that I have made one spelling mistake. What should I do?

Is this on your personal statement? Doesn't matter.
Reply 3
What was it? You seem evasive about this.
Original post by Dannyboy2015
Forget about it.

There is nothing you can do now, besides you don't want to draw attention to the fact that you're 18ish and unable to proof read a page and a half of text or ask someone else to, by calling them up to point out your typo.

But how did you manage it? Like do you not write things in word first? It has squiggly red lines when you spell something wrong : /

I did proof read it many times actually! The spelling mistake was not picked up with a red squiggly line!!
Original post by Blue_Cow
Is this on your personal statement? Doesn't matter.

Yes, it was on my personal statement
Reply 6
Oh that’s annoying. But they won’t care too much about one mistake, I have read some very good books by good authors that have had spelling mistakes in them.
Only one error is probably better than average.
Don’t worry about it, my personal statement had a spelling mistake and I’ve still got two offers so far, one from Nottingham and one from Oxford Brookes (I submitted it in mid December) and the other three unis haven’t replied yet so it doesn’t seem to make much difference
Original post by jamesb1799
Don’t worry about it, my personal statement had a spelling mistake and I’ve still got two offers so far, one from Nottingham and one from Oxford Brookes (I submitted it in mid December) and the other three unis haven’t replied yet so it doesn’t seem to make much difference

I’m trying not to worry I think it’s more I’m just so annoyed I didn’t notice it when I was proof reading my personal statement.
Original post by Dannyboy2015
Forget about it.

you’re so kind and suppportive x
This thread is 9 months old. I'm sure if the OP was upset about it they would have commented by now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending