UCU Proposed Changes ... Apply to university AFTER exam results are obtained.... Watch

Izbizelsbels
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
University College Union are proposing change whereby students apply AFTER obtaining exams results and alter intake to November. What do you think?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
artful_lounger
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, I've moved your thread to the educational debate forum
ltsmith
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
it makes more sense.
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Izbizelsbels)
University College Union are proposing change whereby students apply AFTER obtaining exams results and alter intake to November. What do you think?
The problem is that all such schemes assume that nothing changes for the proponents but that the working life of everyone else is disrupted.

Full time academics with career jobs are a small minority of UCU members. Most are in support roles or are casual academic staff.

The UCU proposal will throw the real burden on to teachers who will have to support university applications in August and those full time academics who will longer be able to use August and early September for research.

It won;t disrupt admissions staff for whom this is the busty time of the year under the current system and might result in more hours for hourly paid academic staff working in August and September when they currently earn nothing.

So, as usual the proposal simply favours those who put it forward.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (33)
11.07%
I used to but I don't now (10)
3.36%
No, but I want to start (111)
37.25%
No, I am unable to (64)
21.48%
No, I chose not to (80)
26.85%