cityofstars21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
It's honestly a nightmare. I can't wait for this to be over.
candokoala
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cityofstars21)
Have you read the advice on TSR about personal statements?

For example: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/con...nt-in-10-steps
cityofstars21
Rep:
?
(Original post by candokoala)
Have you read the advice on TSR about personal statements?

For example: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/con...nt-in-10-steps
I have, and at least 20 thousand others as well as countless videos.
ironchicken
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What area are you struggling with? I may be able to help
hm.m999
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have, and at least 20 thousand others as well as countless videos.
I totally feel ya!
I actually had finished it, but when i got it reviewed it turned out that it wasn't quite what uni expect. They said that it was to descriptive of what i did and i need to add more of why i want to do that course. It thought it was clear because i described a project i did chosing a course related subject. Now i am in total panicccc.
Blueple11
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yep.. Finding it very difficult to add in any extra reading - thinking of myself rejoicing that it's all over at the end of the day helps
swanseajack1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Personal statements are usually done over weeks with several redrafts. At this stage you would be better getting a personal statement in as long as it looks reasonable rather than stressing over perfection.
lollipop102
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did my personal statement in one evening. Just wrote it like a reflective essay, on myself. Got into Law.
Laurenloops
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mine took flipping ages, i perfected it as much as I could, then pasted it into UCAS but it was one line too long! I wanted to scream haha because i'd already cut it down as much as i could. I had to rearrange it and merge the two halves of a paragraph into two other paragraphs to free up one empty line so i didn't have to remove any text. It's not as good as it was, but i was fed up at that point, it still has all the same stuff in and i have an interview so it can't be that bad.

Don't stress too much about it, just make sure it is in by the deadline tomorrow!
Last edited by Laurenloops; 1 year ago
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I totally forgot I weirdly have to do one as a progressing student, so blurbed something off this morning., If i'd realised it's basically a personal statement I'd have likely put more thought into it.
cityofstars21
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Personal statements are usually done over weeks with several redrafts. At this stage you would be better getting a personal statement in as long as it looks reasonable rather than stressing over perfection.
I have been at it for weeks and have done a lot of redrafts.
ironchicken
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Drama
Have you done any acting experience in the past? If so, list what you have done, and then explain what skills you gained from that.

For example "I used to be part of a drama group. Not only did this give me good experience in acting, but it also improved my teamwork skills, as I had to work closely with others in the group."

This shows the unis what experience you have and also lets them know what skills you have developed in the process.

Good luck!
cityofstars21
Rep:
?
(Original post by hm.m999)
I totally feel ya!
I actually had finished it, but when i got it reviewed it turned out that it wasn't quite what uni expect. They said that it was to descriptive of what i did and i need to add more of why i want to do that course. It thought it was clear because i described a project i did chosing a course related subject. Now i am in total panicccc.
That makes me panic as well, rip. Good luck to you!! Where are you applying and what course?
hm.m999
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That makes me panic as well, rip. Good luck to you!! Where are you applying and what coursecours
Thanks, i am applying for biomedical to warwick, Birmingham, Nottingham and Sheffield. And for human biology to Derby University
cityofstars21
Rep:
?
(Original post by ironchicken)
Have you done any acting experience in the past? If so, list what you have done, and then explain what skills you gained from that.

For example "I used to be part of a drama group. Not only did this give me good experience in acting, but it also improved my teamwork skills, as I had to work closely with others in the group."

This shows the unis what experience you have and also lets them know what skills you have developed in the process.

Good luck!
Already did that!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just finished my uni application form does it require my college number as I am still waiting for this from the college and the deadline is tomorrow do I need this to put the application form in. Please help
miharuxx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 30211482)
Just finished my uni application form does it require my college number as I am still waiting for this from the college and the deadline is tomorrow do I need this to put the application form in. Please help
i think theyll only need it if you are applying through your college
lilyveep
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
sent it one hour ago. I feel your pain.
cityofstars21
Rep:
?
(Original post by lilyveep)
sent it one hour ago. I feel your pain.
I also sent it an hour ago!! It was a NIGHTMARE. But we did it!!
JessNg
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've applied a few days ago, but I've received no email of acknowledgement from one of my unis. Is this a problem?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (12)
6.9%
They've been reasonable (72)
41.38%
Not feeling great... (45)
25.86%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)
25.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise