The Student Room Group

Admission rates of Media and Communications

I'm planning to study Media and Communications in the coming year. Does anyone know about the admission rates of the following programmes and universities?

Leeds - Communication and Media
Lancaster - Media and Cultural Studies
Newcastle - Media, Communication and Cultural Studies
Nottingham - International Media and Communications Studies
Sheffield - Digital Media and Society

Good luck to everyone with your UCAs applications! :smile:
You could check out the UCAS offer rate calculator as a rough estimate; it uses data from previous application cycles to estimate how likely you are to receive an offer (whether you are admitted after getting an offer depends somewhat on you of course!).

There doesn't seem to be much information available otherwise; you can look at UNISTATs pages for each course to see the range of entry criteria applicants typically have as well as the above though to help contextualise what information there is. For the Nottingham course for example, ABB is about the median tariff entry (about half of admitted students have tariff equivalents below that, and about half above).

What are your predicted grades/qualifications? If they're about ABB (or equivalent) I think you have a good chance of getting offers for some or all of those courses (provided your personal statement reasonably engages with the course being applied to), and after that you just need to focus on actually getting those grades!
Original post by artful_lounger
You could check out the UCAS offer rate calculator as a rough estimate; it uses data from previous application cycles to estimate how likely you are to receive an offer (whether you are admitted after getting an offer depends somewhat on you of course!).

There doesn't seem to be much information available otherwise; you can look at UNISTATs pages for each course to see the range of entry criteria applicants typically have as well as the above though to help contextualise what information there is. For the Nottingham course for example, ABB is about the median tariff entry (about half of admitted students have tariff equivalents below that, and about half above).

What are your predicted grades/qualifications? If they're about ABB (or equivalent) I think you have a good chance of getting offers for some or all of those courses (provided your personal statement reasonably engages with the course being applied to), and after that you just need to focus on actually getting those grades!

Thanks! I am not sure what my predicted grades are exactly since schools here do not disclose them to students (I study in Hong Kong and am about to take the HKDSEs), but I think I would at least get an AAB. I do hope that's enough for the programmes I have applied for.
Reply 4
Original post by felisfelicix
I'm planning to study Media and Communications in the coming year. Does anyone know about the admission rates of the following programmes and universities?

Leeds - Communication and Media
Lancaster - Media and Cultural Studies
Newcastle - Media, Communication and Cultural Studies
Nottingham - International Media and Communications Studies
Sheffield - Digital Media and Society

Good luck to everyone with your UCAs applications! :smile:

university.which.co.uk has offer rates:
e.g. 36% at Leeds https://university.which.co.uk/university-of-leeds-l23/courses/communication-and-media-ba-hons-2019-577ce0192602

But apply to courses you like at universities you want to be at, rather than focussing on offer rates :smile:

Are you applying for 2019 Entry?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending