The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _depleted
Hey guys,
is everyone going to firm imperial?
do you all think the cost is worth an imperial experience?
which halls are you all liking?

Hi, i too am going to firm Imperial. My offer is A*AA. Thinking of halls now- woodcote looks good.
Original post by _depleted
I thought the same, but the commuting puts me off. Would rather be closer to SK.

Original post by SanityGone
It takes me 45 minutes to get to school now and I cope. But bigger beds..... I love my bed lol

I wasn't in Woodward but all of my old PBL group lived there. They didn't seem to think the commute was as bad as it was made out to be. Also remember that a good number of your lectures will be in Charing Cross Hospital too - and Woodward isn't too far from there. And if you end up having tutorials at Hammersmith hospital...you won't be far at all.
(edited 5 years ago)
Is anyone attending the offer holders evening in Bristol, on 11th of March?
I saw there's an offer holder day for medicine at imperial on April 3rd... is anyone going? I might go if it's running as I never managed to go to the open day or the tour.
Original post by Dizgurl
I saw there's an offer holder day for medicine at imperial on April 3rd... is anyone going? I might go if it's running as I never managed to go to the open day or the tour.

I'm not going, because I don't live nearby to the venues and I was able to go to the open day. Plus, I'm terrified that I won't get the grades so I don't want to waste a day travelling there and back.

If you weren't able to go to the open day, it's probably worth going imo.
Original post by P_O_T_A_T_O
I'm not going, because I don't live nearby to the venues and I was able to go to the open day. Plus, I'm terrified that I won't get the grades so I don't want to waste a day travelling there and back.

If you weren't able to go to the open day, it's probably worth going imo.

Literally same though, that's the thing that's holding me back because it'll be an entire day gone with barely any revision and I'm so scared too about achieving the grades. Might not go, let's see.
Original post by Dizgurl
Literally same though, that's the thing that's holding me back because it'll be an entire day gone with barely any revision and I'm so scared too about achieving the grades. Might not go, let's see.

Yeah, every day counts. I want to go, but I think it's best if I don't.

I mean, tbh they're just going to talk about the accomodation and societies etc. And that information is on their website, and I can always ring admissions to ask, I guess.
Reply 47
Original post by usycool1
I'm afraid that there's not been an offer holder's day in the past. I'm not sure if there will be one this year but if you've not heard of it, I think it'd be safe to assume that there won't be one.

Hi:
May I ask what is your predicted A level grades and also what was your GCSE grades?
Original post by mass63
Hi:
May I ask what is your predicted A level grades and also what was your GCSE grades?

I did my A-Levels a few years ago I'm afraid - you'll be able to find my profile on the Medics Profile thread on here (it should be somewhere in the Medicine forum).
There’s an offer-holder day in April, to my understanding, they sent an invite via another email after your offer email.
Just got an offer!! Imperial's my first choice (and first offer so far) so I'm really happy!! Interview 12th Feb :smile:

IB 39 points, 76 HL
Original post by medreams
Just got an offer!! Imperial's my first choice (and first offer so far) so I'm really happy!! Interview 12th Feb :smile:

IB 39 points, 76 HL

Amazing!!! That's fantastic, well done!
Reply 52
Congratulations. May i ask you about your A level grades and GCSE grades.
What is your BMAT score please?. What do you think the factors that contributed to the offer on the top of the above? Personal statement?
Kind regards
Original post by P_O_T_A_T_O
Amazing!!! That's fantastic, well done!

Thank you!
I'm really scared I won't get the grades
Original post by mass63
Congratulations. May i ask you about your A level grades and GCSE grades.
What is your BMAT score please?. What do you think the factors that contributed to the offer on the top of the above? Personal statement?
Kind regards

Thank you! I'm doing the IB and I had predicted 42/45 766 HL. BMAT 5.3 4.6 3 A. EU student so no GCSE (+Imperial doesn't consider them?).

My personal statement was quite good imo, I've been working as a nursing assistant for a year and a half + done some shadowing so that definitely helped. My interview was quite good, and I had the feeling that the interviewers liked me. On the other hand my answers were quite average and also they cut me off during one of the questions, so it wasn't perfect by any means :smile:
Original post by Pakhtana
I'm really scared I won't get the grades

Same, I'm really stressed about the 7
I'm strongly considering firming Imperial but I'm worried about the student atmosphere not being as fun as other unis. Does anyone know anything about the nightlife and other student stuff Imperial has to offer?
Reply 58
Hi.
May i ask you please about your A level grades and GCSE grades. What is your BMAT score.
Regards
Original post by medic2400
I'm strongly considering firming Imperial but I'm worried about the student atmosphere not being as fun as other unis. Does anyone know anything about the nightlife and other student stuff Imperial has to offer?
Original post by medic2400

The atmosphere is fantastic amongst the medics! It’s a bit drier in the main college (but even so, people can form their own groups) but the medic SU puts on loads of events.

Latest

Trending

Trending