The Student Room Group

Is it possible to go to Sixth form?

Is it possible to go to sixth form if next year I will turn 18 and would have done two years in sixth form and college education? I also not certain if I can make it in a good Sixth Form if I have 2 As, 3 Bs and 1 C in my GCSEs.
Original post by VikCraft
Is it possible to go to sixth form if next year I will turn 18 and would have done two years in sixth form and college education? I also not certain if I can make it in a good Sixth Form if I have 2 As, 3 Bs and 1 C in my GCSEs.

It’s possible, but you will need a loan or some form of money to pay for it. In the U.K. you get 3 years of funded level 3 - As you’ve already completed 2 and sixth form will require 2 more, you’ll have to pay for one of those years.

Whether or not you’ll get into a good sixth form is entirely dependant on whether they’ll take you. But the reputation of a sixth form doesn’t matter at all - Study your A-Levels wherever you can if that’s what you really want to do.

What have you done since GCSE’s, and why is it you’d now like to study A-Levels?
Reply 2
Original post by FloralHybrid
It’s possible, but you will need a loan or some form of money to pay for it. In the U.K. you get 3 years of funded level 3 - As you’ve already completed 2 and sixth form will require 2 more, you’ll have to pay for one of those years.

Whether or not you’ll get into a good sixth form is entirely dependant on whether they’ll take you. But the reputation of a sixth form doesn’t matter at all - Study your A-Levels wherever you can if that’s what you really want to do.

What have you done since GCSE’s, and why is it you’d now like to study A-Levels?

I went to Sixth Form to do my A-level (Business, ICT and Socialogy). Got kicked out of sixth form and now studying in college doing my level 3 course. I hate the college I'm in, not enjoying it.
Original post by VikCraft

Possible but my guess is unlikely that a “good” sixth form would offer you a place for A levels given your 2 false starts so far and the funding issues post-19. Might be better to try sort out whatever it is at your current college that you are unhappy with. Given two attempts at the education route why not consider a fresh start and new approach via a job/apprenticeship

Quick Reply

Latest