Finding it hard at university

Watch
Bored1101
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I'm going onto my second semester now of my first year at university and am struggling quite a bit. I struggled with home sickness, making friends and feeling left out in my flat. Although I've made a few friends, I have yet to make any close friends with people on my course and this is really difficult as I find myself feeling very lonely at university and am really struggling with keeping up with the work load as well as trying to achieve good grades. I feel i'm failing already as I've only applied to a few spring weeks and have been rejected by some so far and feel as if I have no set plan for the future. Everyone makes it out as if I don't land a spring week, I won't get a summer internship or a graduate placement but it's just all too competitive. I'm feeling very lost and down.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bored1101)
So I'm going onto my second semester now of my first year at university and am struggling quite a bit. I struggled with home sickness, making friends and feeling left out in my flat. Although I've made a few friends, I have yet to make any close friends with people on my course and this is really difficult as I find myself feeling very lonely at university and am really struggling with keeping up with the work load as well as trying to achieve good grades. I feel i'm failing already as I've only applied to a few spring weeks and have been rejected by some so far and feel as if I have no set plan for the future. Everyone makes it out as if I don't land a spring week, I won't get a summer internship or a graduate placement but it's just all too competitive. I'm feeling very lost and down.
Hey. I know this was a year ago but how are you doing now x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
61.83%
I don't have everything I need (92)
38.17%

Watched Threads