Steph102
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’ve completed a study into conformity, participants estimate how many beads in a jar, discuss estimate with group, then are given an opportunity for a second estimate. Only 6 of my participants changed their original estimate. Repeated measures design. What inferential test could I use?
username2657095
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How big was your sample size? Do you have normally distributed data? Were there any extreme scores? You’d most likely need to use the Wilcoxon signed ranks test or a related t-test.
Steph102
Rep:
?
18 people, only 6 changed and their answers range from 250 to 2000. Tried the sign test at first then started related t test until it mentioned normally distributed data.
Steph102
Rep:
?
(Original post by chooseanother)
How big was your sample size? Do you have normally distributed data? Were there any extreme scores? You’d most likely need to use the Wilcoxon signed ranks test or a related t-test.
18 people, only 6 changed and their answers range from 250 to 2000. Tried the sign test at first then started related t test until it mentioned normally distributed data.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (94)
13.78%
I'm not sure (32)
4.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.38%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.35%
I'm not a current university student (326)
47.8%

Watched Threads