Why did the teacher chase me up? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
In sixth form colleges, teachers don't really chase people up for missing days off as long as you catch up with the work. I did not come in to college for the first 5 days due to being mentally ill which has left me handicapped and my english teacher/child protection officer called me and tried to persuade me to go back to college by sorting the bullying out. Why did the teacher call? Was it because it was the first 5 days? I ended up withdrawing anyway because I felt like I couldnt cope anymore.
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
In sixth form colleges, teachers don't really chase people up for missing days off as long as you catch up with the work. I did not come in to college for the first 5 days due to being mentally ill which has left me handicapped and my english teacher/child protection officer called me and tried to persuade me to go back to college by sorting the bullying out. Why did the teacher call? Was it because it was the first 5 days? I ended up withdrawing anyway because I felt like I couldnt cope anymore.
Maybe your teacher was just showing concern.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Maybe your teacher was just showing concern.
:ditto: Five days in a row is quite a chunk of time, especially at the start of term. Plus if she's the child protection officer, maybe she thought there was a more sinister reason for you not being at college, and wanted to check in with you?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
:ditto: Five days in a row is quite a chunk of time, especially at the start of term. Plus if she's the child protection officer, maybe she thought there was a more sinister reason for you not being at college, and wanted to check in with you?
There was another reason (self harm and suicidal thoughts) so maybe he just wanted to keep an eye on me at colkege
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
There was another reason (self harm and suicidal thoughts) so maybe he just wanted to keep an eye on me at colkege
Well that's def even more of a reason for him to keep an eye on you :console:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.38%
I used to but I don't now (18)
2.47%
No, but I want to start (272)
37.36%
No, I am unable to (173)
23.76%
No, I chose not to (204)
28.02%