Martamxrtinss
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
has anyone ever used their monzo bank for student finance and does it work? i want to go to university but i can only have a bank with monzo!! please helps
Last edited by Martamxrtinss; 1 year ago
GOI983
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Honestly trying to find out the same thing, other student finance advisors saying no and mono themselves say yes. iT IS A WEIRD ONE

(Original post by Martamxrtinss)
has anyone ever used their monzo bank for student finance and does it work? i want to go to university but i can only have a bank with monzo!! please helps
HenzoP
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Why can you only have a bank with Monzo ? I have a Monzo card , Barclays debit & opening a student account with HSBC .
GOI983
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by HenzoP)
Why can you only have a bank with Monzo ? I have a Monzo card , Barclays debit & opening a student account with HSBC .
CIFA marker, im so sad. Someone please please help or message me privately
Headieoneishere
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
you can use it mate works for me
(Original post by GOI983)
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Honestly trying to find out the same thing, other student finance advisors saying no and mono themselves say yes. iT IS A WEIRD ONE
Yes, of course. Why wouldn't it be okay? It's a UK bank account and Monzo has the appropriate licenses from the FCA.

People have their actual wages paid into Monzo every month - let alone maintenance loans.
Ibby_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Martamxrtinss)
Open a new bank, you get a free railcard with student Santander and you can go into an overdraft of £1,500
HenzoP
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Oh I see . Yeah I’m sure SF will accept Monzo as the card to receive the maintenance as Blue Cow said ^
GOI983
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Means a lot people but some random employee stated they do not accept mono all though last year remembering people using it on the student room and I don't see why it should stop now. Plus I put my bank sort code and account number in the application like 3/4 days ago, surely they would've said if it could not be used...
(Original post by HenzoP)
Oh I see . Yeah I’m sure SF will accept Monzo as the card to receive the maintenance as Blue Cow said ^
fezzy7861
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
did any one actually receive their maintencne loan into a monzo account??? please help
Bb8myhomework
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I'm delayed this year with my finance for non-bank reasons but last year I received al three student finance payments into my Monzo.
Dkn200201
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What uni do you go to
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills โ€“ LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (438)
67.49%
No (211)
32.51%

Watched Threads