The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

PhD in Law (Cambridge)

Hi there,

Has anyone applied to the PhD in Law 2019/2020 program?

If so, have you received an invite for an interview yet?

Scroll to see replies

I have applied. I applied last year and got an offer but couldn’t take it up because I didn’t get funding. Last year I was contacted on 18 January about interviewing, so if the timeline is the same this year I expect it could be anytime from now (if we are even invited!)
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Original post by bleepbloopbleep
I have applied. I applied last year and got an offer but couldn’t take it up because I didn’t get funding. Last year I was contacted on 18 January about interviewing, so if the timeline is the same this year I expect it could be anytime from now (if we are even invited!)

Keeping fingers crossed! I've clicked the refresh button so many times on the website that I'm wondering if it even still works.
Any news from anyone
Reply 4
My status still indicates that my application is under review. 🙁
I was contacted on Wednesday about interviewing next week. I’m trying to arrange a suitable time with them
Reply 6
I was contacted on Wednesday about interviewing next week. I’m trying to arrange a suitable time with them

Congratulations! That's fantastic news. Let us know how it went.
Congrats! Keep us posted

I've had an interview with a potential supervisor earlier this week and it seemd to have gone pretty well. May I ask when your status got to the GAO stage last year so as to have a better idea with the timeline? Thanks a lot!
Reply 9
Is it safe to assume that my application was unsuccessful if I have not received feedback yet?
Original post by PhD123
Is it safe to assume that my application was unsuccessful if I have not received feedback yet?

I wouldn't be pessimistic like that - they probably have tons of applications and interviews to sort through, keep your hopes strong because you never know!
Original post by jsmith5926
I've had an interview with a potential supervisor earlier this week and it seemd to have gone pretty well. May I ask when your status got to the GAO stage last year so as to have a better idea with the timeline? Thanks a lot!

Last year it was about 3 weeks between my interview and the status changing to GAO.
Original post by PhD123

I wouldn’t assume that just yet! There could be lots of reasons you haven’t heard yet like they are figuring out who the best supervisor would be or the relevant person is too busy just now etc
Original post by PhD123

I agree with bleepbloopbleep - it's still at the early stage of the decision-making process and I think the order of interview really depends on how quickly they can find a match between your proposed research and a potential supervisor interested in your topic.
Reply 14
Thanks for the positive words everyone! I'll keep fingers crossed.
Reply 15
Any updates?

How did the interviews go? Has anyone else been invited?
My interview seemed to go well, I haven’t heard anything further though and it was a week and a half ago now.
My status changed to awaiting approval of GAO yesterday. Anyone else heard any news?
My status was just updated to awaiting approval by the GAO! That's exactly 3 weeks from my interview - bleepbloopbleep your prediction was so accurate lol
Original post by jsmith5926
My status was just updated to awaiting approval by the GAO! That's exactly 3 weeks from my interview - bleepbloopbleep your prediction was so accurate lol

Congratulations! I assume you know this, but that basically means you’re in as GAO just checks your documents and sets offer conditons

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending