PhD123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi there,

Has anyone applied to the PhD in Law 2019/2020 program?

If so, have you received an invite for an interview yet?
bleepbloopbleep
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I have applied. I applied last year and got an offer but couldn’t take it up because I didn’t get funding. Last year I was contacted on 18 January about interviewing, so if the timeline is the same this year I expect it could be anytime from now (if we are even invited!)
PhD123
Rep:
?
(Original post by bleepbloopbleep)
I have applied. I applied last year and got an offer but couldn’t take it up because I didn’t get funding. Last year I was contacted on 18 January about interviewing, so if the timeline is the same this year I expect it could be anytime from now (if we are even invited!)
Keeping fingers crossed! I've clicked the refresh button so many times on the website that I'm wondering if it even still works.
PhDapp2019
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Any news from anyone
PhD123
Rep:
?
My status still indicates that my application is under review. 🙁
bleepbloopbleep
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I was contacted on Wednesday about interviewing next week. I’m trying to arrange a suitable time with them
PhD123
Rep:
?
I was contacted on Wednesday about interviewing next week. I’m trying to arrange a suitable time with them
Congratulations! That's fantastic news. Let us know how it went.
PhDapp2019
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Congrats! Keep us posted
jsmith5926
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I've had an interview with a potential supervisor earlier this week and it seemd to have gone pretty well. May I ask when your status got to the GAO stage last year so as to have a better idea with the timeline? Thanks a lot!
PhD123
Rep:
?
Is it safe to assume that my application was unsuccessful if I have not received feedback yet?
LoveOverFear
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by PhD123)
Is it safe to assume that my application was unsuccessful if I have not received feedback yet?
I wouldn't be pessimistic like that - they probably have tons of applications and interviews to sort through, keep your hopes strong because you never know!
bleepbloopbleep
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by jsmith5926)
I've had an interview with a potential supervisor earlier this week and it seemd to have gone pretty well. May I ask when your status got to the GAO stage last year so as to have a better idea with the timeline? Thanks a lot!
Last year it was about 3 weeks between my interview and the status changing to GAO.
bleepbloopbleep
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I wouldn’t assume that just yet! There could be lots of reasons you haven’t heard yet like they are figuring out who the best supervisor would be or the relevant person is too busy just now etc
jsmith5926
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I agree with bleepbloopbleep - it's still at the early stage of the decision-making process and I think the order of interview really depends on how quickly they can find a match between your proposed research and a potential supervisor interested in your topic.
PhD123
Rep:
?
Thanks for the positive words everyone! I'll keep fingers crossed.
PhD123
Rep:
?
Any updates?

How did the interviews go? Has anyone else been invited?
bleepbloopbleep
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
My interview seemed to go well, I haven’t heard anything further though and it was a week and a half ago now.
bleepbloopbleep
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
My status changed to awaiting approval of GAO yesterday. Anyone else heard any news?
jsmith5926
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
My status was just updated to awaiting approval by the GAO! That's exactly 3 weeks from my interview - bleepbloopbleep your prediction was so accurate lol
bleepbloopbleep
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by jsmith5926)
My status was just updated to awaiting approval by the GAO! That's exactly 3 weeks from my interview - bleepbloopbleep your prediction was so accurate lol
Congratulations! I assume you know this, but that basically means you’re in as GAO just checks your documents and sets offer conditons
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.23%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.35%
Not great so far... (251)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.66%

Watched Threads