The Student Room Group

English Lang Speaking

Does anyone know how to get a distinction in GCSE English Language (Speaking)? Any help would be appreciated :smile: My presentation is this week
Just talk and sound intelligent. It's easy to get. They really don't care if you use specific techniques, they just want to see how you approach speaking in public. Also, the answering questions part is very important. If you don't answer them with detail then it might only be a merit. My speech was very stuttery and my responses to answers very very vague and made no sense whatsoever, so I'd probs be a merit or a distinction if I'm lucky. You'll be fine.
be confident, if you've memorised it good, if not don't look at your notes for too long as you need eye contact with the audience, don't rush just take your time, be interactive with the audience so rheatorical questions would be very good here. Be loud and clear enough, that's all i can remember from when I did mine. Also, if its a speech make sure the language and structure is in a speech format too.
I’m in year 11 now but our school did ours in year 9 (weird I know). I got a distinction so hopefully this will be of some help to you.

My advice is stick to the advises time (I got told around 5minutes), and take in flash cards to prompt you but do not read straight off of them. Make eye contact with the teacher so that they know you are not reading off of your flash cards. Also try to think of some questions that they may ask you so that you are semi prepared for that part.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest