Study Medicine in Europe Watch

Ayan Khan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Dr Daniela)
i can only say it is a great Idea to study in Europe. I have spent 6 years there and I loved every moment of it. It is not very difficult to get a place as long as you have all your documents in order. However, you will need to have Alevels in Biology and Chemistry to enter in Romania. However other countries would allow you to start medicine with just your GCSEs or access to learning or Betc
By the way, these courses are also taught in English, right?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Steven1234#
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i can only say it is a great Idea to study in Europe. I have spent 6 years there and I loved every moment of it. It is not very difficult to get a place as long as you have all your documents in order. However, you will need to have Alevels in Biology and Chemistry to enter in Romania. However other countries would allow you to start medicine with just your GCSEs or access to learning or Betc
Which countries would allow you to study Medicine with just GCSE's?
WonderWatson
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I completed my medical studies in Europe. I can only say that it was one of the best experiences of my life I would definietly recomend it. Bulgaria and Romania are definelty more affordable, but I must say that Budapest in Hungary is probably the best city in Europe it is by far my favorite city to live in but the fees are very expensive, if you can afford it go there
Which universities would you recommend in Budapest?
Also is the course taught in English?
How much is the tuition fees?
Is there a lot of uk students in Hungary studying med?
Also which agency did you use or would you recommend? Which university is better Semmelweis or University of Debrecen?
Which university did you complete your degree?
Also what was the whole experience like?

Sorry for asking so many questions but I’m very curious
Dr Daniela1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ayan Khan)
Thank you so much, this is incredibly useful information I’ll start doing some more research then!
you are welcome, im glad you found it useful
Dr Daniela1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by WonderWatson)
Which universities would you recommend in Budapest?
Also is the course taught in English?
How much is the tuition fees?
Is there a lot of uk students in Hungary studying med?
Also which agency did you use or would you recommend? Which university is better Semmelweis or University of Debrecen?
Which university did you complete your degree?
Also what was the whole experience like?

Sorry for asking so many questions but I’m very curious
Debrecen is another city and is not about 3 hours from budapest but on the other hand Semmelweis is in budapest (i think fees around £17,000). I completed a medical degree in Romania, Bucharest university called Carol Davila. All these unies teach in english. The experience for me was great I loved every minute of it but I must say I was really nervous and hesitant at the start. The night life is second to none and the city budapest is very beautiful and full of culture and life.
Sorry can not comment on agencies on here. So you can pm if you need some futher guidance on this
Dr Daniela1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ayan Khan)
By the way, these courses are also taught in English, right?
yes in english
Anilozen
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey, I’m thinking about studying medicine in Europe as I can’t in the UK. I’m thinking of going to Charles University the First Faculty of Medicine in Prague as it has a very good reputation when it comes to medicine but I don’t know a lot of people who have gone to study there from the UK. My second option is Plovdiv Medical University in Bulgaria. I guess Bulgaria is cheaper in terms of accommodation etc but Charles University seems to have a better reputation and facilities which makes it harder to get a place. I can see more people go to Bulgaria from the UK and there are more agencies that work with Bulgarian universities. I can only think of one that helps you get into a few universities in Czech. Can someone give me any advise and help me decide? Thank you.
Hello there, I also study in Europe because I couldn't get a place in UK. All medical schools in europe are almost the same. Students generally decide to go either Bulgaria or Romania as it is a lot cheaper like you have mentioned. However I must tell you that Bulgaria take more students in then Romania. In my opinion this makes Romania standing out more because its less crowded in the classes. Hope this is usefull.
WonderWatson
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anilozen)
Hello there, I also study in Europe because I couldn't get a place in UK. All medical schools in europe are almost the same. Students generally decide to go either Bulgaria or Romania as it is a lot cheaper like you have mentioned. However I must tell you that Bulgaria take more students in then Romania. In my opinion this makes Romania standing out more because its less crowded in the classes. Hope this is usefull.
Hey, where are you studying? If you don’t mind me asking. Also, which country has better facilities, Romania or Bulgaria? And did you apply through an agency? If yes, which one? Also how do you think brexit will have an affect on studying in Europe?
Anilozen
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey, where are you studying? If you don’t mind me asking. Also, which country has better facilities, Romania or Bulgaria? And did you apply through an agency? If yes, which one? Also how do you think brexit will have an affect on studying in Europe?
I am studying ukraine. Czech republic is really good but they have a very tough entrance exam. Hungary is great but known as very expensive.Others have similar facilities. But you should go for a Uni where it is not overcrowded. UK is introducing a new universal exam for their graduates and international graduates so brexit won't be a huge problem. In terms of agencies, you should go with one that fits your budget.
Last edited by Anilozen; 2 weeks ago
WonderWatson
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anilozen)
I am studying ukraine. Czech republic is really good but they have a very tough entrance exam. Hungary is great but known as very expensive.Others have similar facilities. But you should go for a Uni where it is not overcrowded. UK is introducing a new universal exam for their graduates and international graduates so brexit won't be a huge problem. In terms of agencies, you should go with one that fits your budget.
I’ve heard about the exam being too hard for Czech Republic too. Do you know when the exam takes place and how I can prepare for it? I’m looking at Hungary too it looks like a beautiful place. I’m interested in Semmelweis and Debrecen any thoughts on the two? Also do they have entrance exams? Is so can you tell me when? I’ve looked into an agency called InterHECS they seem to have good reviews but they’re more focused on Bulgarian uni’s I need to find an agency who can guide me when applying to Czech or Hungary. Any you could possibly recommend? Budget isn’t much of a problem at the moment. Thanks for help
mhsmiq
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm studying in Romania at the moment as well, it's a lot easier to get in than the UK believe me I tried! In terms of BREXIT a lot of things are happening and the only way to be sure is to give it some time. Apart from that we will end up doing a UKMLA exam, I think in 2023. In terms of getting your certificate from the GMC it shouldn't be an issue since everyone will end up doing the exam. Of course I'm going to be biased and say Romania seems to be the better choice, at least for me! I would try and get more student's opinions and maybe even visit the places you wish to study. I came here to Craiova well before I applied just to get a good look at the place and see if it was the university for me. I also applied to Varna but for me I wasn't that much of a sun and surf beach person so I decided on Craiova instead, the brit in me didn't like the sun I suppose.
Mike Freiha
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I suggest Bulgaria for you if you guys can afford it. Well i am considering ukraine because it's much cheaper than bulgaria and good education but if i had the money i would have went to bulgaria or poland
Ayan Khan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
But what about clinical years? Don’t you have to learn Bulgarian to a practically fluent level? I mean, I know they’ll teach you during the course, but medicine is intense as is
Ayan Khan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think only graduate programs available are in Dnipro Medical Institute, Ukraine. Poznan, Poland and maybe New vision University , Georgia. Check those out as in bulgaria you will have to start from the first year. However, i only know people who have joined the grad entry in Ukraine
Hey Dr. Daniela, did you have to learn Bulgarian for your clinical years?
hotali
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have read nothing but terrible things about this so called "new vision university", 6 of the professors teaching there are struck off the medical register so they're not allowed to practice but will "teach" you, it is so unorganised and there's a "new hospital" being advertised that students barely get to practice in because the clinical rotations are constantly getting cancelled due to over capacity of indian students and not enough teachers. Some of the teachers speak good english, but the students I spoke with also said numerous other teachers' english skills match the speaking skills of a 4 year old toddler. To be honest I'm very worried about what I heard so I'm thinking of staying in the UK for another year and trying my luck.
hazar.1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hotali)
I have read nothing but terrible things about this so called "new vision university", 6 of the professors teaching there are struck off the medical register so they're not allowed to practice but will "teach" you, it is so unorganised and there's a "new hospital" being advertised that students barely get to practice in because the clinical rotations are constantly getting cancelled due to over capacity of indian students and not enough teachers. Some of the teachers speak good english, but the students I spoke with also said numerous other teachers' english skills match the speaking skills of a 4 year old toddler. To be honest I'm very worried about what I heard so I'm thinking of staying in the UK for another year and trying my luck.
can you PM me with more info?
WonderWatson
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey, can you pm me with more info and which uni here are you talking about? I’m so confused as to what I should do.
Steven1234#
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was actually considering this university, it gets a lot of promotion. Hearing all of this is news to me.
Mike Freiha
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Danathomas97)
Also, has anyone gone directly to the university? If so how did you get your A levels etc translated and legalized?
Hello my friend applied through an agency called medlink students they did everything for her and got her acceptance from the university she didn't have to do anything of these. I will apply with them this year to Ukraine. Contact them and ask them if they apply to the university you want. Best of luck 👍🏻
Lil08
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I studied abroad.

But you'll have to do an exam now with Brexit.
Last edited by Lil08; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (238)
59.5%
No (162)
40.5%

Watched Threads