Psychology A-Level A03 Struggles!!

Watch this thread
lucycartr
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I still can't wrap my head around how to answer AO3 Psychology questions and it is stressing me out so much my god!!

Would anyone be kind enough to explain it to me, like the structures needed of paragraphs to get top marks and how many points per side etc? I would be so grateful!

[Planning on going to see my Psych teacher about it soon, so don't worry if you can't help meeeee]
username2657095
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
AO3 questions are mainly based on evaluation so try to focus on that. Only give a brief outline of the study/theory related to the question, don’t go too deep into describing it. Instead, focus on evaluation. What were the strengths and the weaknesses? What can be inferred from the findings? Critique the research methods used, and see if ethics were adhered to. If you’re in A2 it’s definitely important to work in the issues and debates too and any possible biases.
Ccyxxx
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
follow a pel structure, point: state your point of evaluation e.g ethical issues, elaborate: about what they are e.g harm or give examples of studies ect and then all you have to do is rephrase your first point and link:it back to the question e.g this is a limitation we should avoid conducting research like this is in the future.
If its a 4 marker- 2 evaluative paragraphs
8marker- maybe 2 evaluative points and one on knowledge
12/16 marker at least 3 evaluative points up to 5 for A level
Hope this helps
lucycartr
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by ccyxxx)
follow a pel structure, point: State your point of evaluation e.g ethical issues, elaborate: about what they are e.g harm or give examples of studies ect and then all you have to do is rephrase your first point and link:it back to the question e.g this is a limitation we should avoid conducting research like this is in the future.
If its a 4 marker- 2 evaluative paragraphs
8marker- maybe 2 evaluative points and one on knowledge
12/16 marker at least 3 evaluative points up to 5 for a level
hope this helps
thank you <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (16)
18.18%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (30)
34.09%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
5.68%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.14%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (9)
10.23%
Reading articles about what steps to take (18)
20.45%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
4.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
5.68%

Watched Threads