The Student Room Group

Please can someone help??

I could really do with some help... seriously I do not know where else to turn!! My daughter has been at Kingston uni since 30th September 2018 she is a 2nd year student.She flew through her first year with no issues! She is still waiting for her student loan and tuition fees to come through... I have spoken to Student finance and they have both her loan and tuition fees sitting there they said it’s because Kingston University haven’t registered her attendance! She has been signed in has her uni card with Id, attended every lecture, completed course work etc. She has called several times and has been passed between admissions and finance I have even spoken to the complaints department! And we are stump further forward. She was told to call on the 14 December she did left several messages for a call back when she rang again they had all gone for Xmas lunch. She was told to call back the next day she did to leave 2 further messages eventually she was put through only to be told the department had broken up for Xmas! This is all so frustrating as Kingston have instructed debt collectors for her tuition fees so they know she is there! She has also been unable to pay her rent ! As a result of the stress and anxiety she doesn’t want to go back to uni. I feel that her bright future has been taken away and the fact that KU is do big she’s been passed from pillar to post still struggling to get a resolution, if anyone Han give me any advice on where to go I would so appreciate it any help would be amazing. I am in the process of emailing Mr Spier along with my local MP she has said he will help us get a resolve. This is so unfair this situation has been allowed to get out of control, but the fact my beautiful, intelligent daughter has been left unconfident ashamed and anxious is disgusting. Please contact me with any suggestions. Thank you
Original post by Jothorpe
I could really do with some help... seriously I do not know where else to turn!! My daughter has been at Kingston uni since 30th September 2018 she is a 2nd year student.She flew through her first year with no issues! She is still waiting for her student loan and tuition fees to come through... I have spoken to Student finance and they have both her loan and tuition fees sitting there they said it’s because Kingston University haven’t registered her attendance! She has been signed in has her uni card with Id, attended every lecture, completed course work etc. She has called several times and has been passed between admissions and finance I have even spoken to the complaints department! And we are stump further forward. She was told to call on the 14 December she did left several messages for a call back when she rang again they had all gone for Xmas lunch. She was told to call back the next day she did to leave 2 further messages eventually she was put through only to be told the department had broken up for Xmas! This is all so frustrating as Kingston have instructed debt collectors for her tuition fees so they know she is there! She has also been unable to pay her rent ! As a result of the stress and anxiety she doesn’t want to go back to uni. I feel that her bright future has been taken away and the fact that KU is do big she’s been passed from pillar to post still struggling to get a resolution, if anyone Han give me any advice on where to go I would so appreciate it any help would be amazing. I am in the process of emailing Mr Spier along with my local MP she has said he will help us get a resolve. This is so unfair this situation has been allowed to get out of control, but the fact my beautiful, intelligent daughter has been left unconfident ashamed and anxious is disgusting. Please contact me with any suggestions. Thank you

Hi Jothorpe,

Sorry to hear about the experience your daughter has had! If your daughter's finance is waiting on the university to confirm the registration to release her finance, we're limited in what we can do. Has she showed her university the Notification of Entitlement Letter confirming her finance is in place? If the university have any issues confirming the above they have their own helpline they can call us on to resolve this as quickly as possible!

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Hi Claire, I wasn’t sure if I had replied to you so I thought I would again. We have letters confirming her loans. The problem I have is Catherine has a new phone she has emailed Kingston uni consent for me to speak on her behalf but because she’s sent it from a new email they won’t accept it. As she has also been taken off the course and her uni email has been closed there is no way of her being able to communicate with them it’s all so frustrating. We feel totally abandoned by Kingston. I fully intend to take this to the highest level I possibly can. I have taken some legal advice already. Jo
Hi Claire, I wasn’t sure if I had replied to you so I thought I would again. We have letters confirming her loans. The problem I have is Catherine has a new phone she has emailed Kingston uni consent for me to speak on her behalf but because she’s sent it from a new email they won’t accept it. As she has also been taken off the course and her uni email has been closed there is no way of her being able to communicate with them it’s all so frustrating. We feel totally abandoned by Kingston. I fully intend to take this to the highest level I possibly can. I have taken some legal advice already. Jo

Hi Jo,

Can your daughter not call the university directly or go into see them to explain this with her paperwork?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Hi Claire, she has emailed them permission to speak with me. They will not accept this as it’s been sent from her new email address, they have closed down her university email address so she can’t send from that. Her confidence is so knocked that she struggles to even make a phone call although she did with SF and I have consent to speak. I’m afraid she doesn’t now want to go back to university we are going down on Sunday to clear her room out, we will be going into uni but I have already been told there will be no one ther to help us...
Hi Claire, she has emailed them permission to speak with me. They will not accept this as it’s been sent from her new email address, they have closed down her university email address so she can’t send from that. Her confidence is so knocked that she struggles to even make a phone call although she did with SF and I have consent to speak. I’m afraid she doesn’t now want to go back to university we are going down on Sunday to clear her room out, we will be going into uni but I have already been told there will be no one ther to help us...

Hi Jo,

Were you able to get this resolved?

Warm regards,
Graeme
Reply 6
Hi Graeme, sadly no despite emailing 6 departments at Kingston University I had a reply from 2 saying they will not discuss anything with me. I emailed back last Thursday asking for at least a name, number or department to pass on to my daughter and have had no reply! My daughter and I had such a row last week about this she packed a suitcase and left. The strain on my family has been so terrible not sure where to go from here. We traveled to Kingston last Sunday to clear her room and have a rent bill of £2,960 to pay. If we can get her loan released it will pay off 2/3rds but that won’t happen until she calls uni to sort out and as she has left home it’s hard for me to get her to do it.
Hi Jo,

I'm very sorry to hear that this has not been resolved by the university.
Unfortunately we can only release her Maintenance Loan once they confirm her registration and Tuition Fee Loan when they confirm attendance.

Please let us know if you or your daughter have any further questions we can help with or if the university respond to you.

Warm regards, Tégan
Reply 8
Thank you, my daughter called Kingston University yesterday they said she had to call student finance which she did, they said Kingston University need to call them! I’m afraid we are back and fourth again and have been for 8 weeks 😟 they have now withdrawn her off the course! Kingston University don’t seem interested in helping at all they have and continue to be unhelpful and difficult. We need to get her loan released so she can pay her rent outstanding £2,960. If I’m honest I think Kingston University is so big they just don’t care.
Thank you, my daughter called Kingston University yesterday they said she had to call student finance which she did, they said Kingston University need to call them! I’m afraid we are back and fourth again and have been for 8 weeks 😟 they have now withdrawn her off the course! Kingston University don’t seem interested in helping at all they have and continue to be unhelpful and difficult. We need to get her loan released so she can pay her rent outstanding £2,960. If I’m honest I think Kingston University is so big they just don’t care.

Hi Jo,

Your daughter is able to message us privately via Facebook or Twitter if she wants to speak to us further about this. We can look into her application as well, but if it's down to the univeristy to provide the required details then this will remain the case. Nevertheless, we can still look into this again for her .

Regards,
Nihad
Reply 10
Thank you she has once again spoken to Kingston University and have explained that they need to ring student finance to confirm her attendance, the response she got was “I’ll do it when I have a spare moment I have permission to speak to student finance so I’ll call them tomorrow to see if it has been done.
Thank you she has once again spoken to Kingston University and have explained that they need to ring student finance to confirm her attendance, the response she got was “I’ll do it when I have a spare moment I have permission to speak to student finance so I’ll call them tomorrow to see if it has been done.

Hello Jo,

If your daughter sends us a message on Facebook or Twitter, we can check to see if Confirmation of Registration (COR) and Confirmation of Attendance (COA) have been received.

Thanks, Lynsey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending