The Student Room Group

are you allowed to make notes during driving lessons?

with a notebook and pen?

Scroll to see replies

As long as you don't do it while you're driving, yes :biggrin:
Reply 2
37061176_10155335702531036_4370561129886253056_n.jpg
Original post by Rainfall
with a notebook and pen?

Yeah, just make sure you're not driving and are stopped in a safe place where you can make notes.
Reply 4
Original post by MinaBee
This is what I'd've said :K:
Original post by TommyDH
37061176_10155335702531036_4370561129886253056_n.jpg

its not bait
Original post by MinaBee

Original post by DrawTheLine
Yeah, just make sure you're not driving and are stopped in a safe place where you can make notes.

ofc i dont want to die. thanks a bunch
like a notebook and pen
Is this a joke post or do you want it moved to learning to drive? :smile:
Original post by CoolCavy
Is this a joke post or do you want it moved to learning to drive? :smile:

No... and no theres.no point. i got my answer
Reply 10
To take notes? Whilst driving? Of course not.
There’s no need tbh
Yeah sure. You can take out your notepad if you like. Most people prefer to just get their phone out while driving and type them out. Also, don't forget to take a couple of beers for the road - driving lessons are stressful, goodluck
Fam you already asked this
Original post by MinaBee
Fam you already asked this

uhm i posted it on the wrong place and it said thread is under review so it didnt post and i got impatient and posted another one.
Original post by Rainfall
uhm i posted it on the wrong place and it said thread is under review so it didnt post and i got impatient and posted another one.

oops :sorry:
Not while driving obviously. In the passenger seat I don’t see why not. Doubt it would help though, but each to their own I guess.
But if you're totally serious, no, it's not worth bothering to take notes
. During the driving lessons they will show you how to do the maneuvers required and generally how to drive safely. Each lesson you will do roughly the same things and it will become habitual, notes won't help with something so practical (it's like riding a bike, swimming, playing tennis etc, you wouldn't make notes of all the moves/rules/good practice) you just learn through making the same mistakes with someone there helping correct them until one day you are driving perfectly and have practiced the required maneuvers enough times that you go and pass the test. It's a procedure really, and most people who fail the test only fail because either they haven't actually had a proper driving instructor tell them they are ready or they are nervous on the day and make a mistake.
Original post by TravellingGuy
Yeah sure. You can take out your notepad if you like. Most people prefer to just get their phone out while driving and type them out. Also, don't forget to take a couple of beers for the road - driving lessons are stressful, goodluck

Original post by TravellingGuy
But if you're totally serious, no, it's not worth bothering to take notes
. During the driving lessons they will show you how to do the maneuvers required and generally how to drive safely. Each lesson you will do roughly the same things and it will become habitual, notes won't help with something so practical (it's like riding a bike, swimming, playing tennis etc, you wouldn't make notes of all the moves/rules/good practice) you just learn through making the same mistakes with someone there helping correct them until one day you are driving perfectly and have practiced the required maneuvers enough times that you go and pass the test. It's a procedure really, and most people who fail the test only fail because either they haven't actually had a proper driving instructor tell them they are ready or they are nervous on the day and make a mistake.

thank u for the good luck but im definitely going to write it down so i dont forget.
My instructor always wrote takeaways in my learning log that I could reflect on between lessons and he could also refer to next lesson to remind him what we're working on, as he had a lot of pupils.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending