The Student Room Group

Funding second higher education course (Paramedic studies)

Hello,

I have previously completed a BSC, that was funded by SFE, and I am looking at the possibility of taking a second higher education course (I’ve had a big change in my career plans).

I am planning on applying to study a two year diploma of higher education in Paramedic practice. Is there any additional funding available from student finance towards tuition fees for a second degree in paramedic studies since the Ambulance services seems to have withdrawn funding for the vast majority of courses?

If SFE are unable to provide any further funding, is anybody aware of any other options out there for further education funding? Finding information on this seems to be a nightmare!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by BGW110
Hello,

I have previously completed a BSC, that was funded by SFE, and I am looking at the possibility of taking a second higher education course (I’ve had a big change in my career plans).

I am planning on applying to study a two year diploma of higher education in Paramedic practice. Is there any additional funding available from student finance towards tuition fees for a second degree in paramedic studies since the Ambulance services seems to have withdrawn funding for the vast majority of courses?

If SFE are unable to provide any further funding, is anybody aware of any other options out there for further education funding? Finding information on this seems to be a nightmare!

Hi BGW110,

Paramedic Science courses are only classed as an exception if the student is entitled to funding from the Ambulance Service Trust. If they're not eligible for support from the Ambulance Service Trust they can apply to us for full support, but this will be subject to ELQ rules. We suggest speaking to the university you wish to do your course through if they know of alternative funding.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending