hettydaisy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey! I am in year 13 and have applied to study Veterinary Medicine at Nottingham, Bristol and Edinburgh. I have received an Interveiw for Nottingham and was just wondering if anyone has had a vet med interveiw there and can give me some tips on how to prepare? what kind of questions did you get asked and what to expect on the day???
animalmagic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hettydaisy)
Hey! I am in year 13 and have applied to study Veterinary Medicine at Nottingham, Bristol and Edinburgh. I have received an Interveiw for Nottingham and was just wondering if anyone has had a vet med interveiw there and can give me some tips on how to prepare? what kind of questions did you get asked and what to expect on the day???
Applicants are not allowed to share questions as it might give some an unfair advantage. I love the Nottingham assessment day, just relax and be yourself and you'll be fine. It is as relaxed as it can be, very well organised and it contains some non assessed activities and breaks as well. You can't prepare for the group task or the practical task. For the traditional style interview my best advice would be to know your personal statement inside out and be able to talk around it. Also be aware of current hot topics in the veterinary world e.g. BSE as a case was diagnosed last year in Scotland. bTB is always a good one. Changes to the law with respect to dog breeding. Alabama Rot. Breeding of dogs (and cats) with conditions that cause suffering e.g. Scottish Fold cats, BOAS in brachycepahlic dogs. AMR and use of antibiotics. Brexit and the effects on the profession. The issue with mental health in the profession and how to help your own mental health. The corporatisation of the profession.

.....and remember, just relax and be yourself
hettydaisy
Rep:
?
(Original post by animalmagic)Applicants are not allowed to share questions as it might give some an unfair advantage. I love the Nottingham assessment day, just relax and be yourself and you'll be fine. It is as relaxed as it can be, very well organised and it contains some non assessed activities and breaks as well. You can't prepare for the group task or the practical task. For the traditional style interview my best advice would be to know your personal statement inside out and be able to talk around it. Also be aware of current hot topics in the veterinary world e.g. BSE as a case was diagnosed last year in Scotland. bTB is always a good one. Changes to the law with respect to dog breeding. Alabama Rot. Breeding of dogs (and cats) with conditions that cause suffering e.g. Scottish Fold cats, BOAS in brachycepahlic dogs. AMR and use of antibiotics. Brexit and the effects on the profession. The issue with mental health in the profession and how to help your own mental health. The corporatisation of the profession.

.....and remember, just relax and be yourself

Thank you for your reply! this has been helpful in my planning!!
username2703735
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think of the interviews I did Nottingham was actually my favourite (and my first so it must have been good to still consider it my favourite) they were very friendly and relaxed, They have changed style compared to say 5 or so years ago so reading threads on interviews passed beware not all you read is still true.

Overall as Animalmagic said, just be yourself, know your personal statement and a little about topical events and it'll be a breeze
hettydaisy
Rep:
?
That’s a relief to hear! Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (187)
15.45%
Uncertainty around my education (197)
16.28%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (117)
9.67%
Isolating with family (85)
7.02%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (46)
3.8%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (103)
8.51%
Loneliness (118)
9.75%
Financial worries (52)
4.3%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (110)
9.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (89)
7.36%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (106)
8.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed