Cardiff Sixth Form College admissions tests Watch

kloeosman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I’m going to be taking the Cardiff Sixth Form College admissions tests in February for chemistry, biology, physics and mathematics. I’m a bit confused as to what will be included in the exam I.e. year 10 and 11 science or just year 11? And up to what point (as my school may have not covered everything I need to know)? Thanks in advance
Binnie101
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there, CSFC's exams are fairly easy if you're only considering admissions as it only examines GCSE content. It would be great if you knew the content inside out and, especially for Physics*. I'm assuming Maths is easy and approximately a GCSE grade of 8 or at least an 7 can see you doing well in the exams. Good luck, it's an amazing A-level school!

*I did the scholarship test, but it wasn't as hard as I thought, though I would say Physics was the hardest.
Last edited by Binnie101; 1 month ago
kloeosman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Binnie101)
Hi there, CSFC's exams are fairly easy if you're only considering admissions as it only examines GCSE content. It would be great if you knew the content inside out and, especially for Physics*. I'm assuming Maths is easy and approximately a GCSE grade of 8 or at least an 7 can see you doing well in the exams. Good luck, it's an amazing A-level school!

*I did the scholarship test, but to my surprise, it wasn't as hard as I thought even as an International student, though the Physics paper did take a toll on me for 1 hour!
Thank you! I’m also doing the physics scholarship test as I believe I only have to take one paper test on one of my A level subjects based on what other people who are local to the area have said. In the uk we have two different exams for physics that we take in different years one on electricity, energy and waves which I’ve already taken and another covering forces space and radioactivity which we study for this year. Do you think I’d have to revisit my work on electricity, energy and waves for the exam? Also do they give you the equations in the test? I only ask as we normally get them in the front of a gcse paper. Thank you for you help
Last edited by kloeosman; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (64)
15.42%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (42)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
18.8%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (60)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (45)
10.84%
How can I be the best version of myself? (126)
30.36%

Watched Threads