The Student Room Group

A level economics in one year?

Hey everyone! I am currently at sixth form and studying Biology, Chemistry and Geography. I am hating Geography and have gone to the director of learning and she has told me that I can swap and do an A level in a year. So I would have double the lessons and be able to get both the As and A2 content completed at the same time.

Does this sound like it can be achieved? Thank you!
yes if u work
Original post by ?Hannah?
Hey everyone! I am currently at sixth form and studying Biology, Chemistry and Geography. I am hating Geography and have gone to the director of learning and she has told me that I can swap and do an A level in a year. So I would have double the lessons and be able to get both the As and A2 content completed at the same time.

100%. I’m doing AS Economics now and it really isn’t that that bad. Their isn’t much content at all.

My teacher also told me yesterday that AS Economics VS A Level Economics has no comparative difference in its level of difficulty.

I think its feasible.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Asada786
100%. I’m doing AS Economics now and it really isn’t that that bad. Their isn’t much content at all.

My teacher also told me today that AS Economics VS A Level Economics has no comparative difference in its level of difficulty.

I think its feasible.

Thank you so much! This is honestly so helpful. Could you possibly tell me what Economics is like, what it requires you to do and how well you enjoy it? Thank you.
Thank you so much! This is honestly so helpful. Could you possibly tell me what Economics is like, what it requires you to do and how well you enjoy it? Thank you.

So I do Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Economics. I find that Economics is my favorite subject. I really enjoy it.

Economics has a little bit of maths, but quite basic maths, ie, percentage changes etc. It has a lot of graphs which are okay to get your head around.

Economics is more about understanding the concepts and applying them. Its kind of like chemistry where you have to understand concepts and then apply them to different situations. I’d say if your good at chemistry, you’ll be good at economics.

Economics also requires you to write long answer essays (10 markers, 15 markers and 20 markers). However, their is a clear structure that you should adopt for each question which makes them quite decent.

One of my friends literally moved into Economics yesterday. Their is not much to catchup on at all compared to subjects like Biology etc.

Watch loads of YouTube videos. They really help. I find that they help more than reading from a textbook. There’s plenty of YouTube videos for each topic in Economics.

But yeah, work hard and I think you’ll be okay.
(edited 5 years ago)

this is thread is 3 years old but did you end up achieving it?

Quick Reply

Latest