The Student Room Group

University and pregnant

I am 20 years old and currently on my second year of university. I recently found out I am pregnant and I really don’t know what to do, I live at home and I work part time.
I have spoken with my partner and we agree that maybe right now it isn’t the right one as we are both going through a lot of stress! It seems like the only option we have left is for me to terminate. As we don’t have our ow place nor work full time.
I worried that I might regret it later.

I also worry about having to tell my mom as she is very strict and has previously let me know how disappointed she would be if I fell pregnant at my age?
Original post by Anonymous
I am 20 years old and currently on my second year of university. I recently found out I am pregnant and I really don’t know what to do, I live at home and I work part time.
I have spoken with my partner and we agree that maybe right now it isn’t the right one as we are both going through a lot of stress! It seems like the only option we have left is for me to terminate. As we don’t have our ow place nor work full time.

I also worry about having to tell my mom as she is very strict and has previously let me know how disappointed she would be if I fell pregnant at my age?

Sounds like abortion is the right thing for you. See your GP who can give you more advice. Don't tell your mum if you don't want to. She doesn't have to know.

Hi OP :smile:

I was in the same situation as yourself when I was in 2nd year of uni. I ended up terminating the pregnancy myself. I felt (and still do) feel guilty about it. Sounds like abortion is the right thing for you now. You also don’t have to tell your mum if you don’t want to.

:hugs:
Hi OP :smile:

I was in the same situation as yourself when I was in 2nd year of uni. I ended up terminating the pregnancy myself. I felt (and still do) feel guilty about it. Sounds like abortion is the right thing for you now. You also don’t have to tell your mum if you don’t want to.

:hugs:

Hi,

Thank you so much for the reply.
Just another question did it hurt ?

I don’t want to tell
Her but I feel like she has the right to know and I don’t want her to find out later and be super mad at me .

😢🥺
(edited 5 years ago)
It's never an easy decision, but it is the right thing to do. Go see a doctor immediately, sooner is better.
Original post by Anonymousamn
Hi,

Thank you so much for the reply.
Just another question did it hurt ?

I don’t want to tell
Her but I feel like she has the right to know and I don’t want her to find out later and be super mad at me .

😢🥺

Hi

You’re welcome :smile:
The actual procedure didn’t hurt, they done an injection to my cervix to numb the area while they done it. Afterwards I had this period type pain when I was sat in the recovery room...they provided paracetamol.

Aww bless.
I never told anyone, even now no one I know knows, feel scared to bring it up :/
Reply 6

i heard abortion is the way forward. Books before birth. 'you knit me in my mother womb'
I’m in university as well and only a bit younger than you, have been in a committed relationship for 1.5 years, but after a pregnancy scare (missed period came a month late! oops!) I was forced to look at my options. I knew in my heart that, despite us being in love now, without financial or educational stability we wouldn’t be able to raise a child we’re not even graduated with bachelors/undergrad degrees yet, so it would definitely be a no! Raising a child is hard, but sex feels easy and great with the right partner, so I know how you must feel (aside from the ACTUALLY being pregnant part). I’m pro-choice, I’m all for you enjoying sex like a NORMAL human being and at the same time deciding to terminate the surprise pregnancy. Try not to let this decision hurt you too much. When I had my false alarm, I immediately started researching into abortions and told someone closest to me (my older cousin who is two years older) about how I was feeling. Your mom doesn’t have to know, but that doesn’t mean you have to suffer in silence! Talk to someone else you trust, it may be a best friend, a doctor, a close cousin, etc. Do not be scared! Medical advancements have (I assume) made abortions safer now (at least in the western world, ie. Canada, UK, etc.). We are with you! Focus on school and rebuilding your relationship with your partner and they need to understand just how BIG of a decision this is for you, and how you’ll definitely need a lot of support and patience after this. Relationships and pregnancy are a two-way street, remember that!

Quick Reply

Latest