The Student Room Group

Quick advice

Right so I’ve applied to Warwick, UCL and King’s and Cambridge (was rejected as expected lol) so u have another option. I have an offer from Warwick, but my LNAT was bad. Like so bad. My practice papers were also so bad, on one I got 18 and in the other I only improved by like four or five marks. So I’m expecting rejections from UCL and king’s which is sad cause I wanted them and also I was relatively content with my essay. Here’s my dilemma. My DREAM like actual DREAM was always LSE. Now, I think my ps is alright but I don’t even know what LSE is looking for I mean who does tbh. Plus my LNAT MCQ was trash. Or I can apply to Bristol which although is LNAT is not as risky. Which should I apply to?
Also what law unis were in clearing last year?
Thanks.
Original post by anonymous1231231
Right so I’ve applied to Warwick, UCL and King’s and Cambridge (was rejected as expected lol) so u have another option. I have an offer from Warwick, but my LNAT was bad. Like so bad. My practice papers were also so bad, on one I got 18 and in the other I only improved by like four or five marks. So I’m expecting rejections from UCL and king’s which is sad cause I wanted them and also I was relatively content with my essay. Here’s my dilemma. My DREAM like actual DREAM was always LSE. Now, I think my ps is alright but I don’t even know what LSE is looking for I mean who does tbh. Plus my LNAT MCQ was trash. Or I can apply to Bristol which although is LNAT is not as risky. Which should I apply to?
Also what law unis were in clearing last year?
Thanks.

Btw GCSES 6A*s 4As
Predicted A*A*A with a b(only FOUND OUT AFTER MY APPLICATION WAS SENT OFF) in an extra different AS
Clearing last year, according to one of my posts at the time: Cardiff, Newcastle, Sheffield, Glasgow, Southampton, QUB, Manchester.

If you used 5: You do have Extra, which is before Clearing/Adjustment. And you do have Adjustment should you get a better grade than your offer -- KCL has that rockstar superstar tosh, also.

I would say QMUL, Bristol are good bets -- but there are users on here, before the LSE LNAT days, who got rejected by Bristol for a poor LNAT and were accepted by LSE. Ultimately, Bristol can be a lot pickier than people imagine. Notts is the softest LNAT, I'd've thought.
Original post by Notoriety
Clearing last year, according to one of my posts at the time: Cardiff, Newcastle, Sheffield, Glasgow, Southampton, QUB, Manchester.

If you used 5: You do have Extra, which is before Clearing/Adjustment. And you do have Adjustment should you get a better grade than your offer -- KCL has that rockstar superstar tosh, also.

I would say QMUL, Bristol are good bets -- but there are users on here, before the LSE LNAT days, who got rejected by Bristol for a poor LNAT and were accepted by LSE. Ultimately, Bristol can be a lot pickier than people imagine. Notts is the softest LNAT, I'd've thought.

What kinds of unis are in extra?
I heard Notts had a cut off score of like 25??
Bump, very desperate.
How tiny are my chances to UCL and King’s and Bristol with my grades, a relatively fine essay but like 18-22 in the MCQ?
What top law unis are available in adjustment?
Tbh im fine with Warwick. I like it, I haven’t any negatives to it and I’m perfectly fine going there - it’s a nice uni.
Update: applied to Bristol, hoping if I get rejected there's always adjustment...
Reply 6
I'm an international applicant who applied to KCl,UCL,LSE and QMUL but I think my LNAT went bad as well.. :frown:( I'm preparing myself for the rejection...
Original post by uonism
I'm an international applicant who applied to KCl,UCL,LSE and QMUL but I think my LNAT went bad as well.. :frown:( I'm preparing myself for the rejection...

QMUL doesn't take LNAT does it?
and what were u getting in the practice tests?
Reply 8
Original post by anonymous1231231
QMUL doesn't take LNAT does it?
and what were u getting in the practice tests?

no it doesn't,and something like 18-20,,but on the real test I just rushed through the questions and couldn't concentrate at all!
also I applied on the 13th of January.
Update: somehow got an offer from Bristol lol, maybe they’re not AS strict with the LNAT?
I guess 'stricter' was the wrong word, I j meant considering how horrific my MCQ was, even during practice, it's surprising:wink:
Plus one of the posters above said Bris can be pickier than people imagine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending