The Student Room Group
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website

Group Interview (Illustration Course)

Hi guys, I recently had to pick my 5 uni choice and since Bournemouth Arts University was one of them I was asked to attend a group interview. Does anyone know the type of questions they will ask? Also will it be in a group, like we form a circle and then we have to discuss our work in front of everyone? ( the group interview kinda freaks me out...) 😦.
Original post by Steph.Roses
Hi guys, I recently had to pick my 5 uni choice and since Bournemouth Arts University was one of them I was asked to attend a group interview. Does anyone know the type of questions they will ask? Also will it be in a group, like we form a circle and then we have to discuss our work in front of everyone? ( the group interview kinda freaks me out...) 😦.

Looking at "The session will start with a group talk about the course and then a member of the course team will discuss your portfolios with you, as a group. The ability to work in a group is a very important aspect of the course. The group interview is, therefore, considered to be the most appropriate way in which to evaluate students. All those attending the interview are given an opportunity to offer additional information about themselves and the work of all the applicants is given equal consideration. You will be expected to discuss your work with the group." https://webdocs.aub.ac.uk/BA%20%28Hons%29%20Illustration%20Portfolio%20Guidelines.pdf it seems like they use this format because group discussions and peer feedback (from other students) is a major part of the course.

Do you ever spend time in your current course talking to your fellow students about their work? Picking out things you like or dislike about it or coming up with ideas to improve it or complement it? That's the sort of discussion that is likely to be involved. It wont be a big group of 30 like you might have in college/school - more likely to be 5-10 like a tutorial.
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Looking at "The session will start with a group talk about the course and then a member of the course team will discuss your portfolios with you, as a group. The ability to work in a group is a very important aspect of the course. The group interview is, therefore, considered to be the most appropriate way in which to evaluate students. All those attending the interview are given an opportunity to offer additional information about themselves and the work of all the applicants is given equal consideration. You will be expected to discuss your work with the group." https://webdocs.aub.ac.uk/BA%20%28Hons%29%20Illustration%20Portfolio%20Guidelines.pdf it seems like they use this format because group discussions and peer feedback (from other students) is a major part of the course.

Do you ever spend time in your current course talking to your fellow students about their work? Picking out things you like or dislike about it or coming up with ideas to improve it or complement it? That's the sort of discussion that is likely to be involved. It wont be a big group of 30 like you might have in college/school - more likely to be 5-10 like a tutorial.

Oh I see, Thank You. Although I am guessing the interview will probaly take around 30+ mins since more than 1-2 people need to discuss their portfolios...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending