The Student Room Group

IAL C34 january 15 2019

Couldn't find a thread.how was the exam guys

Scroll to see replies

Hard af
Reply 2
The exam was awful!
Let alone it wasn't an easy exam, my biggest problem was the time. Neither my friends nor I actually managed to finish all the exam before collecting the papers. I'm curious to see what the curve will look like this session.
Anyway, we still have the mechanics to finish.
Any idea when will the results come out?
(edited 5 years ago)
it was really bad. in my opinion the paper was poorly constructed. how did you do the volume of the cone question?
Reply 4
How many marks are you expecting to lose?
I'm not bragging, but I consider myself a good student since I lost 10 marks combined in both pure and mechanics in my AS exam.
YET, I'm expecting to lose at least 30 marks in just paper 34. I don't know what to do now since the offer I got from university requires me to get an A* in maths!
Crappiest paper
Crap stuff
Reply 7
What the actual **** was this? Time consuming and not necessarily hard, but questions very different than usual, that’s what made it so time consuming. Definitely resitting in June.
Glad to see im not alone ,that was the ugliest paper in many years.they usually get 2 hard questions and the rest are doable but this one had like 7 hard questions wtf!!I left the last part of the parametric thing and I couldnt really solve the volume of the cone dh/dt thing.see u soon june session.
I can’t even describe how bad it was
The amount of hard questions was way out of proportion, needed an A*, so I’m defo resitting in June
Horrible paper, expected my self to get 180 for the amount of studying I did and probs not getting a 160
Original post by Hani41
The exam was awful!
Let alone it wasn't an easy exam, my biggest problem was the time. Neither my friends nor I actually managed to finish all the exam before collecting the papers. I'm curious to see what the curve will look like this session.
Anyway, we still have the mechanics to finish.
Any idea when will the results come out?

Lol same I lost just 1 mark in AS maths but then I do this.makes me think what was the point of c12 if theyre gonna give us **** like this in a2
was expecting an A* before the paper. now seems like ill get a B and that too with the help of my c12 marks. what do you think the grade boundary will be like? i think its gonna be around 95 for an A cause edexcel is a bi**h.
Original post by abdullah.abid98
it was really bad. in my opinion the paper was poorly constructed. how did you do the volume of the cone question?

same here :frown:
It was a very hard paper... 😒
Original post by Hani41
How many marks are you expecting to lose?
I'm not bragging, but I consider myself a good student since I lost 10 marks combined in both pure and mechanics in my AS exam.
YET, I'm expecting to lose at least 30 marks in just paper 34. I don't know what to do now since the offer I got from university requires me to get an A* in maths!

I lost 9 marks total for M1 and C12 last year but this? This wasn't a normal exam. My predicted grade was A* but I lost about 35 marks in this exam. Horrible.
well the a* always starts from a 110 right?lowest i ever saw was 108 :s-smilie:
Original post by runballadmix

lowest ever was 103 as far as i know for june 2017
Original post by runballadmix

I think maximum it will go down to 105.

Anyone remember the total marks for each question (from 9 to 11)?
Original post by Tatsien
I think maximum it will go down to 105.

Anyone remember the total marks for each question (from 9 to 11)?

yeah same. i think an A will be around 95 raw marks. the lower it is, the better. i missed alot of things. im dropping from an A* to a low B

Quick Reply

Latest