The Student Room Group

Cartilage ear piercing

I got my cartilage pierced 4-5 months ago and haven’t taken the hoop out a single time. When I first got it done it was agonising to sleep on but still months later it’s sore and every day it gets crusty round the skin and hoop. The thing is it’s quite an unattractive piercing as even months down the line it’s visibly swollen, not the whole ear but just like red and raised around the hole. Any advice of what to do as I really want the skin to be flat as it’s supposed to look pretty... thanks
Sea salt soaks and avoid sleeping on it until it's fully healed. That'll be what is irritating it.
My belly button piercing was like that as it was constantly aggravated by my jeans or something knocking against it. It never healed properly in the 6 years I had it.
Agreed. It can be a massive pain to prepare salt water everyday and most of the time people put too much salt in and it irritates the piercing, so you can buy prepared saline solution from Boots/Superdrug/a chemist. Also use chamomile tea presses :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending