TSR Answer Heroes: getting answers to unanswered threads Watch
The Answer Heroes is a group of the most helpful users on TSR - people who answer unanswered threads!
Every day, hundreds of threads are created all over The Student Room, creating thousands of comments in discussion. Sometimes though, a question gets missed, and a student doesn't get a reply. The Answer Heroes are here to make sure that doesn't happen.
Sounds like something you'd like to get into? We invite new members to join every month. Simply get stuck into answering some of the threads below to get yourself noticed.
To sweeten the deal, there's also a prize draw every week, with a chance to win a £25 amazon voucher.
What do I have to do?
If you'd like an invitation to join, simply comment in this thread and answer some threads! Here are some quick links to unanswered threads in different parts of the site:
Life & Style
Debate & Current Affairs
University & university courses
Careers & Jobs
Specific University Forums
All unanswered threads (pt1)
All unanswered threads (pt2)
All unanswered threads (pt3)
Meet the team
The team exists to make The Student Room a more helpful and useful place for its members.
Any replies made to unanswered threads should leave the OP feeling better informed - the aim is quality, not quantity!
Below is some advice, provided by members of the team, on how best to reply to unanswered threads:
- Provide links to other useful areas of the site. For instance, when replying to posts about university, give a link to the relevant uni/course forum, along with UniMatch. Encourage them to post in stickied chat threads there if nobody responds.
- Focus on sections where you can definitely help. Use the links above to focus on forums where you know your stuff, such as different subjects in the Study Help section.
- Give the OP some decent detail in your reply. That doesn't have to mean an essay. A couple of lines is often enough - but a couple of words really isn't.
Just look for any unanswered threads where you can add a helpful answer. The keyword here is quality, not just quantity.
At the end of every month, we'll invite people who have made lots of helpful replies to join the team.
We'll also be looking for people with a particular knowledge of specific topics. If you're great at study help questions on a certain subject, for instance, that could make you more likely to be invited.
5-10 (unanswered threads posted in a week) - 1 ticket
10-20 - 2 tickets
20-50 - 3 tickets
50-100 - 4 tickets
100 + - 5 tickets
We will then have a random draw with all the tickets to find out who our winner is!
Membership of the team is conditional on two things.
1. The replies made by each user must specifically address the original poster's question. Members making spam posts or copy/pasting the same reply will be removed from the team.
2. Members must answer at least one unanswered thread within a month, or they will have to be removed from the team. Don't worry though, access back into the team will be allowed based on circumstance, so it's really no big deal!
Any questions? Please post them below or shoot me a PM.
Please check over the above posts to make sure you are on board with everything. There has been some rule changes so even if you are used to them just have a another look to make sure
I will be drawing the first two weeks of 2019! today, with everyone who is now on the team elligable. Any draws from 2018 not compelted yet will be done on the old thread
Welcome everyone, this thread is not just for prize draws, talk, support and do whatever you want to do. This is your space
It's always nice to see someone's thread that you've replied to really kick off with some really helpful responses as well as your own contribution
edit: getting an error 1015 when I click on unanswered threads part 3?