The Student Room Group

Answer Heroes: getting answers to unanswered threads

Scroll to see replies

congrats and congrats!
I'm sure I answered 2 on Sunday to get me up to 5 :confused: Ahh well, first prize in 11 months on team :woo:
Original post by Lemur14
I'm sure I answered 2 on Sunday to get me up to 5 :confused: Ahh well, first prize in 11 months on team :woo:

If this happens again, can you let me know? First thing that comes to mind is that they perhaps fell outside of the criteria used here, but otherwise I'm not sure why that would have been the case :dontknow:
Original post by shadowdweller
If this happens again, can you let me know? First thing that comes to mind is that they perhaps fell outside of the criteria used here, but otherwise I'm not sure why that would have been the case :dontknow:

Will do :smile: I'm usually fairly careful when checking threads to answer for this, but it's perfectly possible with how awake I was on Sunday evening I forgot to check for one of them!
Original post by Lemur14

So one of the threads you answered was in "report a problem" which isn't a public forum.
The query is limited to public forums so that some people don't have an advantage by being able to answer threads in forums others don't have access to, like MHOC party forums, volunteer forums etc.
It looks like there's only 4 forums which are open to regular members but aren't public, which are Religion, Report a Problem, Feedback and suggestions, New TSR App - Feedback. Am happy to add them to the list too if all agreed :smile: @shadowdweller
Original post by jenhasdreams
So one of the threads you answered was in "report a problem" which isn't a public forum.
The query is limited to public forums so that some people don't have an advantage by being able to answer threads in forums others don't have access to, like MHOC party forums, volunteer forums etc.
It looks like there's only 4 forums which are open to regular members but aren't public, which are Religion, Report a Problem, Feedback and suggestions, New TSR App - Feedback. Am happy to add them to the list too if all agreed :smile: @shadowdweller

If everyone is able to post in those 4 areas, I'm happy for them to be added :biggrin:
Original post by jenhasdreams

Ahhh right, thank you! I usually answer from the TSR app unanswered thread list so can't tell the forum for there.
Original post by Lemur14

One question can Volunteers close threads? Loads of people are responding to this old thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5944536&page=93 by 2020 GCSE year 11 students asking what came up in the 2019 biology exam so that they can "cheat" in their mocks... Surely braking TSR rules (I didn't create the thread)
Original post by 1st superstar
One question can Volunteers close threads? Loads of people are responding to this old thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5944536&page=93 by 2020 GCSE year 11 students asking what came up in the 2019 biology exam so that they can "cheat" in their mocks... Surely braking TSR rules (I didn't create the thread)

This isn't cheating. The unofficial markschemes are a very big deal on TSR, mostly they're used after exams to see what's everyone else thought. This doesn't break TSR rules. It's impossible to cheat off them because they're about previous papers that everyone has access to :tongue:

If there's a link to a "leak" for this year's paper that breaks the rules but this thread's fine :yep:
Original post by Glaz
This isn't cheating. The unofficial markschemes are a very big deal on TSR, mostly they're used after exams to see what's everyone else thought. This doesn't break TSR rules. It's impossible to cheat off them because they're about previous papers that everyone has access to :tongue:

If there's a link to a "leak" for this year's paper that breaks the rules but this thread's fine :yep:

Beat me to the post :five:

PRSOM :h:
Original post by Hazzabear
Beat me to the post :five:

PRSOM :h:

:mwuaha:
Original post by Glaz

I know that they are not cheating I mean what's cheating is 2020 students asking what came up in their last exams as a way to cheat for their mocks THAT'S CHEATING and is exactly what some students are doing in the thread I just linked there like: "what was the 6 marker on please!?" Or "do you have a link to the paper?" (Aka do you have the answer to my mock exam so I can get that grade 7-9)... I thought that we're not allowed to tell students what came up in a paper if it's locked (I have been reported for it once before here on TSR) for telling them which poem came up on last year's AQA English lit paper...
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by 1st superstar
I know that they are not cheating I mean what's cheating is 2020 students asking what came up in their last exams as a way to cheat for their mocks THAT'S CHEATING and is exactly what some students are doing in the thread I just linked there like: "what was the 6 marker on please!?" Or "do you have a link to the paper?" (Aka do you have the answer to my mock exam so I can get that grade 7-9)... I thought that we're not allowed to tell students what came up in a paper if it's locked (I have been reported for it once before here on TSR) for telling them which poem came up on last year's AQA English lit paper...

it’s a mock exam who cares lmao. i’m still in college so ill ask a higher-up when i get home though
Original post by Glaz
it’s a mock exam who cares lmao. i’m still in college so ill ask a higher-up when i get home though

I personally don't care to the point where if could upload the whole exam paper online for everyone to see it without any consequences I would but unfortunately TSR and our stupid UK government DOES care... Despite the nonsense we do in exams do not help us with the future...
Original post by Glaz

I personally don't care to the point where if I could upload every GCSE paper publicly without any consequences then I would 100% do it (as most of the stuff we learn in school is not useful for our cough cough Shakespeare) but unfortunately TSR and our stupid UK government DO CARE about this
(edited 4 years ago)
Mid Week Update

Current AH Stats:

Remaining Unanswered Threads:

@Glaz @Hazzabear @1st superstar @Charlotte's Web
Original post by shadowdweller
Mid Week Update

Current AH Stats:

Remaining Unanswered Threads:

@Glaz @Hazzabear @1st superstar @Charlotte's Web

I've been trying harder to quote more (even on my phone which is a pain)...stats showing it :party:
Good luck!
25th November - 1st December

AH Stats:

Spoiler

Remaining Unanswered:

Spoiler

This Week's Draw:

999tigger - 4 tickets (1-4)
PQ - 4 tickets (5-8)
Vexper - 1 ticket (9)
Hazzabear - 1 ticket (10)
CheeseIsVeg - 1 ticket (11)
Charlotte’s Web - 1 ticket (12)

And the winner of the £20 draw is......

winner

And for the £5 draw...

winner

General Update: Replies are down on last week again, let's see if we can give it a boost this time around :dumbells:
What's up, sorry? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending