The Student Room Group

Any girls that can give a 22yr old guy advice? Please?

So I asked this girl out at work I'd known for about 2 months. We got on really well, laughed and joked. Seemed to share alot of interests too. Somewhere along the line I misread the situation and when she said she had no plans at the weekend and mentioned this multiple times on Friday I decided to ask her out.

She seemed suprised and said she wasnt sure at the time. Got a text an hour later after work saying no in a nutshell but please dont be offended.

Since coming back to work on Monday she seems extremely off with me. Doesn't really say hello any more, avoids eye contact with me and generally avoids me unless she has to talk as we work together.

I have tried to act normally and accepted she isn't into me. I didn't wanna make things awkward but no matter how hard I try she just doesn't seem to wanna know me right now.

Any advice on what I should or shouldn't do? Just give her time? Or is this is, she's gonna hate me now. I dont understand why she is behaving like this. I said I was sorry if I made her uncomfortable but now I feel like I've somehow upset her or something and it's all my fault.

Any advice or speaking from personal experience where this has happened to you would be great!

Thanks....
I guess text her and apologise to clear up the misunderstanding. If she’s still avoiding you, then give her some space, she probably now feels uncomfortable around you. But just say what you said here, it’ll be alright, she probably had some time to think and doesn’t have the same interest. You were also quite quick with that, future advice is to get to know someone properly and try to understand if they share the same feelings as you.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Cheeky_nandos
I guess text her and apologise to clear up the misunderstanding. If she’s still avoiding you, then give her some space, she probably now feels uncomfortable around you. But just say what you said here, it’ll be alright, she probably had some time to think and doesn’t have the same interest. You were also quite quick with that, future advice is to get to know someone properly and try to understand if they share the same feelings as you.

Is this an acceptable thing to say or most likely end up texting....

I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable last Friday after the conversation we had. I clearly misread the situation and feel pretty stupid now. It was wrong of me to put you on the spot like that and was simply un-professional. I hope you can forgive me for this misjudgment and that we can stay friends.
Don't text her. You don't want her to have any evidence in writing that could be taken out of context and used as evidence of sexual harassment against you.

Simply say to her in person at work, preferably in private that you fully understand her texting you on Friday to turn down your invitation. And that you won't hold it against her in any way. And that you don't intend giving her any more social invitations in the future. And that you are happy to keep on working in the same department as her and happy to keep your relationship on a strictly professional basis.

In other words that you are totally cool about her turning you down.
You may want to add a brief sincere apology that you took her mentioning that she had no plans at the week-end several times on Friday as a hint that she'd be happy to go for a coffee with you after work (or whatever your actual date suggestion was) and that you simply got it wrong and mis-read the situation.

She feels embarassed that you asked her out and that she turned you down via text.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Don't text her. You don't want her to have any evidence in writing that could be taken out of context and used as evidence of sexual harassment against you.

Simply say to her in person at work, preferably in private that you fully understand her texting you on Friday to turn down your invitation. And that you won't hold it against her in any way. And that you don't intend giving her any more social invitations in the future. And that you are happy to keep on working in the same department as her and happy to keep your relationship on a strictly professional basis.

In other words that you are totally cool about her turning you down.
You may want to add a brief sincere apology that you took her mentioning that she had no plans at the week-end several times on Friday as a hint that she'd be happy to go for a coffee with you after work (or whatever your actual date suggestion was) and that you simply got it wrong and mis-read the situation.

She feels embarassed that you asked her out and that she turned you down via text.

Thank you 😊 this is good advice!
Original post by Random person 64
Thank you 😊 this is good advice!

Lol sexual harassment? big oof but meh I said text just in case of em
Original post by Random person 64
Is this an acceptable thing to say or most likely end up texting....

I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable last Friday after the conversation we had. I clearly misread the situation and feel pretty stupid now. It was wrong of me to put you on the spot like that and was simply un-professional. I hope you can forgive me for this misjudgment and that we can stay friends.

Yeh seems formal enough, but I guess the other person on here had better advice, though I was saying to txt in case of embarrassment and I doubt if your formal it won’t be seen as sexual harassment lmfao.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending